Delight in all the intimate details with an overland journey through the heart of Southern Africa. Crossing famous wildernesses and connecting the highlights of Zimbabwe, this private adventure plots a course to the essence of the African experience. Spot rhinos on foot, discover over a hundred mammal species, explore exotic ecosystems and feel the beauty of an untouched land. From Johannesburg to Victoria Falls, this 2-week journey is what Africa is all about.
Johannesburg – Creative Delights in the Revitalized City
Land in Johannesburg and your driver guide greets you at the airport for the short journey across the city to Sandton. Check into a five-star boutique hotel and enjoy lunch with your private driver, who will go through the itinerary in detail. As this is a private overland journey, there's some flexibility, particularly over the timings on each day. Your exploration of Africa then starts in inner-city Johannesburg, where precincts have used art to stimulate their transformation into some of the continent's most talked-about areas. Quirky pop-up shops fill revitalized industrial buildings, galleries, and food markets stand side by side, while the enthusiasm of the Rainbow Nation touches all who visit. These precincts are a great way to view South Africa's present and celebrate the journey into a multicultural future.
Johannesburg – Stories of Mandela and Desmond Tutu on a Soweto Day Tour
Waterberg Mountains – The Escapism of Sandstone Peaks
Madikwe Private Game Reserve – Big Five Introductions
Madikwe Private Game Reserve – Delights of a Private African Safari
Matobo Hills – Enchanting Day Driving Through the Kalahari
Matobo Hills – A Morning With Rhinos and Afternoon With Evocative San Rock Art
Hwange National Park – Elephants Roaming Past the Camp
Hwange National Park – Exploring Zimbabwe's Endless Big-Game Plains
Hwange National Park – Discovering the Animals of the Miombo Woodland
Victoria Falls – Sunset Cruising Along the Zambezi
Day 12 - 13
Victoria Falls – Immersed in Nature's Wonder
Victoria Falls – Departure
- Spend three days enjoying one of Africa's most authentic safari experiences, with game drives and bush walks in the spectacular Hwange National Park
- Get intimate with both black and white rhinos at a protected reserve in the heart of Zimbabwe
- Uncover the tales behind Zimbabwe's rock art with an afternoon amongst the sandstone boulders of Matobo Hills
- Marvel at the sheet of tumbling water and open all your senses to the wonder of Victoria Falls
- Unravel the behavior of the Big Five with two days of exclusive safari in Madikwe Private Game Reserve
- Feel the enveloping silence of the Waterberg Mountains, stunning swathes of red peaks that symbolize remote Africa
- Explore different sides to Johannesburg, including the revitalized central precincts and the colorful history of Soweto, where Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu were neighbors
- Cruise along the Zambezi at sunset, allowing hippos to lead your eyes along the banks
- Unravel the colors of the Kalahari Desert as you cruise across one of Africa's great wildernesses
$14,191 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Danijela Z.
Reviewed By Patrick S.
Reviewed By Paul R.
Reviewed By Bob V.
Reviewed By Victoria Z.
Reviewed By SATHYANARAYANA S.