The icons of Rwanda and Tanzania will be revealed during your 9-day African safari. Your immersive excursion will unveil the majestic wildlife of East Africa as you search for big cats like leopards and trek through the trees to find mountain gorillas. Follow wildebeest across the plains and marvel at rhinoceroses at the waterhole to delight in luxury, excitement, and unparalleled experiences during your tailored African safari.
Volcanoes National Park – Across the Land of 1,000 Hills
First impressions always linger, and there are few better introductions to Africa than Rwanda as it marries the predicted colors and vibrancy but has an unexpected contemporary infrastructure. Boulevards are broad and clean, plastic bags are illegal, and you will be immediately taken in by the enthusiasm of the country. This is not a nation that looks backward; rather it is one that has pieced together a bright future full of energy, charm, and smiles. You will land at Kigali International Airport and be greeted by a local guide and driver. Begin with a stop in the capital city for lunch, and then make the two-hour journey by road to Volcanoes National Park with the opportunity to visit traditional villages while on the route. Rwanda will surprise you as a small country that abounds with rolling green hills that are hidden deep within the heart of Africa. You will cross the hills and settle into your luxury lodge to spend the evening overlooking the thick forests of Volcanoes National Park.
Volcanoes National Park – Trekking With the Gorillas
Kigali – Inspiration for Africa’s Future
Central Serengeti – Fly Directly Into the World-Famous Grasslands
Central Serengeti – Endless Encounters With Big Cats and Wildebeest Herds
Southern Serengeti – More Epic Game Drives Across the Legendary Plains
Ngorongoro Conservation Area – Follow the Elephants
Ngorongoro Conservation Area – A Mesmerizing Day
Ngorongoro Crater to Kilimanjaro – Departure
- Trek through the misty forest of Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park and spend an hour with a wild mountain gorilla troop
- Game drive across the endless grasslands on a safari in Tanzania’s Serengeti
- Descend into the Ngorongoro Crater and marvel at a wildlife world that compels as much as it confounds
- Lose track of the encounters with the predators as each day on safari is filled with lions, hyenas, vultures, leopards, and cheetahs
- Explore the Land of 1,000 Hills as you meet with locals and discover Rwanda’s remarkable transformation since the genocide
- Follow the zebra and wildebeest herds across the Serengeti as hundreds of thousands of animals fill your every view
- Meet a local Masai tribe and engage with their remarkable lifestyle
$5,575 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.78 stars based on 27 reviews.
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Michele L.
Reviewed By Susan W.
Reviewed By Janet D.
Reviewed By Stephanie K.
Reviewed By Arthur K.