On your 14-day best of East Africa safari, you will experience the legends of wild mountain gorillas, migrating wildebeest, evocative grasslands, and utopian volcanic terrain. Local myths shared for generations will become real as you scour the jungle for silverbacks or witness a leopard hunting unsuspecting zebra. Your luxury tour will immerse you in celebrated national parks and highlight the natural splendor in Kenya, Rwanda, and Tanzania.
Kigali – The Surprise of Rwanda
One of Rwanda's fables includes the wild mountain gorillas. Another, more documented, is that of the 1994 genocide, a story that everyone struggles to comprehend. With that tale in mind, landing in Kigali provides an incredible surprise. This is not a city or country of squalor, and it is not a place of fear and danger. It is one of the most forward-thinking and safest countries on the African continent. Rwanda's transition from the nineties is remarkable, and Kigali provides a wonderful introduction to East Africa. Serene in its soul, and draped across dozens of rolling hills, Kigali delights in its ability to surprise visitors. You will stay at a five-star property set upon a charming boulevard. Some might say you're on the Champs Elysees of the East, but there's nothing French about it as this is proudly East Africa.
Kinigi – Into the Virunga Volcanoes
Kinigi – Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
Kigali – Second Gorilla Trek
Nairobi – Relaxing with Giraffes
Day 6 - 8
Maasai Mara – Big Five Safari
Ngorongoro – Fly Across East Africa's Wilderness
Ngorongoro – East Africa's Wildlife Eden
Day 11 - 13
Serengeti (Grumeti Reserve) – Big Game Safari
Serengeti – Departure
- Surround yourself with the world's largest primates with two gorilla trekking experiences in Rwanda
- Spend seven days on big game safari in East Africa's most revered destinations: Masai Mara, Ngorongoro Crater, and the Serengeti
- Admire the emotion and marvel at the social structures of wild gorilla troops that live deep in Rwanda's volcanic mountains
- Gorilla trekking isn't the only highlight of Rwanda, a country with a beautiful heart and a landscape that seems too green to be real
- Enjoy several days of thrilling Big Five encounters in the Masai Mara, where thousands of animals are often within eyeshot of the luxury camp
- Journey into East Africa's utopian wildlife world as Ngorongoro Crater provides one of the most surreal safari experiences
- Lose yourself on the epic Serengeti plains and stay in the private Grumeti Reserve, where horse riding and bush picnics can be part of the daily program
- By visiting the Masai Mara and the Serengeti, there is an opportunity to spot the great wildebeest migration, regardless of what time of year you travel
$20,015 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.83 stars based on
Reviewed By nancy m.
Reviewed By ANURADHA K.
Reviewed By Janet D.
Reviewed By Ron S.
Reviewed By Monica C.
Reviewed By Erik A.