East Africa is filled with legends, luxury, and majesty during your 13-day Tanzania and Rwanda adventure. You will scour the Serengeti grasslands for lions and find the Big Five in the Ngorongoro Crater on Africa safaris. You will wander through dense volcanic forests in search of mountain gorillas hidden in the mist. Your Africa adventure takes you inside five celebrated national parks revealing the marvels of Tanzania and Rwanda.
Arusha – Relaxed Arrival in East Africa
You will land at Kilimanjaro International airport, which is an iconic peak gazing down at the landscape below with a sense of adventure. Open plains surround the airport, and you will immediately understand the season, whether the parched, dusty ground of the dry months or the lush green that follows from April to June. You will be greeted at the airport and transferred west towards Arusha where your lodge will be perched amid a forest and above the city. Up here, you will hear bush babies and tropical birds, which are sounds that alert you to the safari that is to come. So, you can check-in, take a stroll around the gardens and get some rest because this time tomorrow you will be in elephant country.
Tarangire National Park – Elephants and Baobabs
Tarangire National Park – Eclectic Encounters and Endless Tusks
Ngorongoro Crater – Amid Tree-Climbing Lions and Baboons
Ngorongoro Crater – Intimacy on Eden’s Caldera Floor
Day 6 - 8
Serengeti National Park – Predators and Ungulates on the Open Plains
Volcanoes National Park – The Easiest Transfer From Safari to Gorillas
Day 10 - 11
Volcanoes National Park – Two Days of Intimate Gorilla Trekking
Kigali – Cultural Encounters On Route to the Capital
Kigali – Departure
- Traverse the iconic Serengeti plains, discovering the greatest population of wild mammals in Africa
- Spend an hour coming face to face with a gorilla troop in Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
- Go gorilla trekking a second time, discovering another troop and another set of behaviors
- Explore the fabled Ngorongoro Crater where 30,000 wild animals interact in the world’s largest intact volcanic caldera
- Start the safari memories with elephants and baobabs, which are the icons of Tarangire National Park
- Discover Africa’s most picturesque park, going in search of tree-climbing lions around Lake Manyara
- Listen and smell the safari as you enjoy some of East Africa’s best boutique safari camps
- Admire how the landscapes change as you experience five very different wildernesses
- Connect with Rwandan culture during your time on either side of your gorilla trek
$8,874 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.79 stars based on 28 reviews.
Reviewed By Larry N.
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Susan W.
Reviewed By Michele L.
Reviewed By Janet D.
Reviewed By Stephanie K.