Authentic, inspiring, thrilling; walk hand in hand through Africa with this handcrafted Kenyan walking safari. For six days you journey into the wilderness, into the animal kingdom and a paradigm of life unchanged. Samburu warriors are your guides, sublime eco camps your resting places, and eclectic wildlife your neighbors. This is Africa as it has always been, unadulterated by modernity, and awaiting the hand in hand couple seeking off the beaten track adventure.
Nairobi - Arrive in Africa
It all starts in Nairobi, where you're picked up at the airport and transferred to your first luxury property. This peaceful hotel provides a great space for relaxing after the flight and resting before your walking adventure. Those with a morning arrival can also enjoy a guided tour of the capital, a chance to absorb the colors of urban life before heading out into the wilderness tomorrow. The hotel's excellent restaurant provides your first African dinner and a chance to sample the rich flavors on offer.
Samburu - Flying North and Starting the Walking Adventure
Samburu - Wandering the Ewaso Nyiro River
Samburu - Beautiful Eco Camping
Samburu - Crossing Crocodile Jaws
Samburu - Increasing Abundance
Loisaba Wilderness - Final Day of Walking
Loisaba Wilderness - Watching the Wildlife Wander Past
Day 9 - 10
Solio Game Reserve - Indulgent Luxury and Rhino Safari
Nairobi - Departure
- Spend six unforgettable days walking hand in hand through some of Africa's most remote wild landscapes, the journey taking you along the Ewaso Nyiro River and into the heart of Samburu country
- Indigenous Samburu warriors guide the trip, revealing their intimate knowledge of the wild and sharing stories with you over evening camp fires
- Wonderfully appointed eco camps are erected in the bush, providing modern luxury yet not interrupting your harmony with nature
- Search for and admire a spectacular cast of large mammals, each of them much bigger when viewed from ground level; elephant, giraffe, hippo, hartebeest, and other large antelope species
- Get intimate with an eclectic range of local wildlife, from bizarre nocturnal predators to cute endemic ungulates with hundreds of fluttering bird species in between
- Finish the walking safari and spend an extra day enjoying the bounty of one of Africa's finest remote safari lodges
- Marvel at moments with nature's great predators, the Samburu warriors ensuring you stay safe in a cats' playground
- After the walking safari you spend two days in Solio Private Game Reserve, a utopia for Black and White rhinos and a final dose of luxury to complete the adventure
$6,716 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on 178 reviews.
Reviewed By mike K.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By Gina W.
Reviewed By Lindsay K.
Reviewed By Anish P.
Reviewed By Daniel M.