From July to October, the great wildebeest migration is in the Masai Mara as the rumbling herds dramatically crossing the Mara River to feast on the fresh grasslands. Over a million mammals arrive, and this safari provides the best seats in the theater. Stay at three exceptional camps and spend eight days on big game safari to surround yourself with all the charms of nature's greatest show. Exhilarating and enchanting, this is one of Africa's ultimate experiences.
Nairobi – Easy Introductions
Kenya is far away for almost all visitors. Especially when coming from the States, the flights and time difference mean the body may take a couple of days to adjust. Rather than immediately head out for safari, two nights in the lush suburbs of Nairobi offer a relaxed introduction to the country and its rhythm. Endangered Rothschild's giraffe roam freely through the gardens of Giraffe Manor and often poke their heads through open bedroom windows. They are the elegant and personal sight that accompanies your first night in Kenya. You will be greeted at the airport and privately transferred to Giraffe Manor, where the giant silhouettes provide your entertainment over a gourmet dinner.
Nairobi – Giraffe Over Breakfast and Karen Blixen's Legacy
Masai Mara National Reserve – A Camp in the Mara Triangle
Masai Mara National Reserve – Watching the Fabled Wildebeest River Crossings
Masai Mara National Reserve – Admiring the Migration From a Hot Air Balloon
Day 6 - 7
Masai Mara National Reserve – Surrounded by the Herds in Central Mara
Day 8 - 10
Mara Naibosho Conservancy – Very Private Safari Experience
Mara Naibosho Conservancy to Nairobi – Departure
- Surround yourself with all the wonder of the great wildebeest migration with consecutive days of big game safari in the Masai Mara
- Admire the stunning patchwork of herds from above with a sunrise hot air balloon safari
- Stay in a luxury camp that overlooks the Mara River and seek out the dramatic wildebeest river crossings, where thousands stampede across crocodile-infested waters
- Savor the intimacy of a small luxury tented camp in the Central Mara surrounded by over a million mammals
- Enjoy days spent in the private Mara Naibosho Conservancy with a chance to fully escape other tourists and find a personal piece of the great wildebeest migration
- Take twice-daily game drives and enjoy all the charms of the migration, from galloping herds to cheetah cubs and roaming hyenas
- Continually discover predatory safari scenes, an astonishing number of big cats feasting on the wildebeest bounty
- Take a game walk with a Masai warrior and enjoy a nighttime game drive in the Mara Naibosho Conservancy
- Fly in and out of the Masai Mara for a sublime aerial over the wilderness
- Start the safari with two nights in Nairobi with a stay in a luxurious manor house where giraffe poke their heads through the window
$14,009 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By Lindsay K.
Reviewed By mike K.
Reviewed By jack c.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Kelly S.