Intrigue and excitement will guide you through your customizable Italy family tour that will immerse you in the majesty of the ancient world and marvels of the Renaissance. Traverse the grandeur of Venice on the canals and explore the distinctive ambiance of Rome. Uncover the fascinating flavors of handmade pasta in Bologna, and then learn the art of crafting homemade pizza in Naples. Family comes first in Italy, and your kid-friendly tour will embrace the fun of discovery with custom-tailored...
Day 1 - 4
Venice – Discover Venice and the Greater Region of Veneto
Venice is enticing for the entire family both visually and historically with marble palaces rising out of the canals and classic gondolas gliding along the water beneath the more than 400 bridges connecting the maze-like walkways. Your flight will arrive at Marco Polo International Airport, and your private transfer will greet your family at customs. Venice quickly molds to its striking image along the two-mile winding waterway of the Grand Canal lined with fabulous displays of the Republic’s former wealth with views to the soaring tower of the St. Mark’s Campanile standing 323 feet tall with a gilded weathervane depicting the archangel Gabriel crowning top.
Exploring the city with your private guide will turn the hidden backstreets into a familiar home while immersing your family in the secret history of the former grand Republic. In St. Mark’s Square, the eponymous basilica soars above cobblestones with five bulbous domes standing 141 feet tall. The kids will love learning about the history of the basilica, which dates back to the 9th century after merchants stole the remains of St. Mark from his tomb in Alexandria, Egypt. Your guide will turn the tour into a fun-filled scavenger hunt that offers remarkable details on the indelible mark the history has had on the contemporary life of the city while you search for the famous lions that are scattered around the city. The icon represents the patron of Venice and decorates corners, piazzas, and building facades including on the Porta della Carta, the main entrance to the Doge’s Palace.
The Venetian Gothic design captures the dramatic aesthetic of the 15th century and boasts an image of Doge Francesco Foscari kneeling before the Lion, reflecting how the power and wellbeing of the state supersede that of the individual. The kids will continue to search for lions and can count the number of winged vs. non-winged, or those holding an open or closed book. Inside the Great Council, the children do not find any lions but can wander beneath the impressive frescoes that drape across the walls and cover the ceiling including the image of Doge Ponte Paying Homage to Venice by Tintoretto.
Exploring the surrounding beauty of Veneto and the Venetian lagoon will take your family to the islands of Murano, Burano, and Torcello, as well as the cities of Padua and Verona. You will all succumb to the charms of Verona thanks to its history and literary mythology. The kids will marvel at the introduction to the incredible crenulated defensive walls of Castelvecchio towering over the banks of the Adige River. The 14th-century stronghold reflects the power of the della Scala family who once presided over the city. Hidden near the edge of Piazza delle Erbe at the center of the city stands the House of Juliet Capulet, made famous as the heroine in Shakespeare’s star-crossed love story of Romeo and Juliet. Walking through the covered entryway into the courtyard brings the letters of appreciation, support, love, and hope sent to the legendary lovelorn protagonist from fans across the world.
Day 5 - 7
Bologna – Enjoy the Fascinating History and Food of Emilia Romagna
Day 8 - 11
Florence – Traverse Tuscany’s Historic Towns and Entrancing Art
Day 12 - 14
Perugia – Wander Hidden Cities and Charms of Umbria
Day 15 - 17
Rome – Explore the Eternal City and Vibrant Lazio Countryside
Day 18 - 20
Sorrento – Uncover Pompeii and the Marvels of the Amalfi Coast
Sorrento – Depart for Home
- Enjoy an immersive tour of Florence history and bring the fanciful culture to life in the hidden chambers and art of the Palazzo Vecchio
- Traverse the secret history of Venice’s iconic monuments as the kids scour the art, architecture, and shops during your guided scavenger hunt
- Indulge in the ancient world of Rome after your kids embrace the complex exercises of the famous historical gladiators during a morning training activity
- Bask in the fantastic flavor of traditional Perugina chocolate during a tour of a local factory and a chocolate-making class
- Wander the streets of Pompeii for an immersive tour of the ancient city and take your family back in time into the daily life of the Roman colony
- Capture Lucca’s unique imagery during a private tour with the kids finding and drawing the mythical creatures decorating the historical buildings
- Delight in the flavors of traditional Neapolitan pizza with a private hands-on cooking class
- Witness the marvels on display in Vatican City inside the renowned galleries and St Peter’s Basilica with a captivating guided treasure hunt
- Traverse the trails that wind around the Marmore Waterfall for a majestic view of the tallest humanmade waterfall in Europe engineered thousands of years ago
- Relish the ease and sophistication of making customary tagliatelle pasta in Parma turning the traditional cooking into a fun-filled game for the family
$7,639 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on 103 reviews.
Reviewed By Jennifer D.
Reviewed By Thomas P.
Reviewed By Garry B.
Reviewed By Fabio G.
Reviewed By Paisley W.
Reviewed By Denny L.