Revel in the charisma of Italy’s heritage as it brings art, history, food, and wine to the forefront during your custom-tailored culture and history tour from Rome to the Amalfi Coast. Discover iconic treasures in the Vatican and enjoy immersion into the once-buried streets of Pompeii. Watch a demonstration about homemade buffalo mozzarella and venture deep into the life of an empire at the Roman Forum. From rugged views along the Amalfi Coast to a unique blend of contemporary and medieval history...
Rome – Arrive in Rome with an Introductory Tour of the City Center
Rome is a city rich in culture and history that spans 3,000 years and captures the imaginations of visitors from around the world. The mix of ancient ruins and inspiring art will create a captivating ambiance that is accentuated by the central piazza that is brimming with cafes and fountains. Restaurants and museums will capture the charisma of tradition in the home of the Roman Empire. Your private transfer will meet you at Fiumicino Airport upon your arrival in Rome and escort you to the luxurious welcome of your accommodations along the bustling streets of the historic city center.
After spending time freshening up, your guide will meet you in the hotel lobby eager to introduce you to the marvels of Rome on an introductory walking tour that will take you from the Trevi Fountain to Piazza Navona. The prestige of Rome stems from the remarkable feat of engineering and design that created the Pantheon. The massive dome remains the largest unreinforced, concrete building in the world and stands 142 feet tall that is equal in diameter. Your guide will offer hidden secrets and well-known facts about the construction and history of the former Roman temple.
Rome – Discover Ancient Rome and the Beauty of Vatican City
Rome – Explore Prestigious Villas in Tivoli and Enjoy a Cooking Class
Naples – Visit Montecassino and Revel in the Culinary Delights of Naples
Naples – Traverse the Remarkable History and Culture of Naples
Positano – Tour the Ancient Life of Pompeii and Herculaneum
Positano – Wander the Elegant Charms of the Amalfi Coast at Leisure
Positano – Revel in Antiquity at Paestum and the Heritage of Mozzarella
Positano – Delight in a Wine and Food Cultural Tour of the Amalfi Coast
Positano – Depart for Home
- Enjoy the immersive history of Pompeii and Herculaneum with a private full day tour that features excavated artwork and portraits of ancient daily life, including viewing the oldest remaining Roman amphitheater in the world
- Traverse the ancient heart of Rome with a guided tour of the Forum for insight into the civic and religious center of the grand empire
- Revel in the culinary culture of Naples with a private pizza-making class that unveils the secrets of crafting the perfect traditional pizza
- Sample the heritage of Campania on a wine tour in the lesser-visited Irpinia province, guided by a sommelier who celebrates historic, local tastes
- Venture deep into the artistry of ancient cultures in Naples’s National Archeological Museum for a stunning view of the expansive collection
- Discover the grandeur of preserved, Doric, and Greek temples at Paestum and the sensational fresco panels that have been preserved in the elegant Tomb of the Diver
- Witness the point at which ancient and contemporary history converge when exploring the historic complex of Montecassino and its World War II history
- Delight in the fascinating aesthetic of Roman Emperor Hadrian at his villa in Tivoli, which displays 2,000 years of stunning design and elegant décor
- Experience the thrill of viewing Michelangelo’s famous Pietà on display inside St. Peter’s Basilica
- Indulge in the splendor and passion of Roman cuisine while making a three-course meal during a private, luxurious cooking class
Fascinating cities, ancient insights, enchanting scenery, and artistic treasures await during your 10-day culture and history excursion from Rome to Amalfi. Your fascinating exploration takes you deep into the heritage of Italy, discovering the preserved ruins and uncovered artworks that date back thousands of years, while also celebrating the significant cultural contribution of cuisine across the distinct regions of Lazio and Campania. The exotic scenery of hillside villages that overlook azure waters and charming villas that conserve the aesthetic of former emperors only scratches the surface of the grandeur you will experience during your luxury tour of Italy.
Your captivating discovery from Rome to the Amalfi Coast begins with your arrival in the Eternal City where your private transfer will meet you at the airport. With three nights in Italy’s capital, you can indulge in the remarkable ambiance of the winding medieval lanes, towering churches, and fascinating artwork that decorates the public piazzas. Your private tours introduce you to the sensational pearls of Rome’s artistic aesthetic, taking you deep inside the Vatican, around the fabled fountains of Piazza Navona, and to the heart of ancient Rome at the Colosseum and Forum. Outside of the city, you will have the opportunity to tour the enchanting town of Tivoli and the gorgeous former palace of Emperor Hadrian.
Transfer to Naples for two nights where you will visit the unique development of Montecassino, combining breathtaking artwork and battles of ancient and contemporary history. Inside Naples, your private excursion will combine artistic merit and culinary heritage, which is where you will discover the elegance of the city from inside the sensational National Archeological Museum and historic city center. You will also have the opportunity to take a private cooking class where you will uncover the secrets of Neapolitan pizza. Venture deep into the ancient world of Rome at Pompeii and Herculaneum for a more dynamic understanding of life along the ports of a Roman colony that has been preserved in mud, ash, and pumice for nearly 2,000 years.
Travel to Positano for four nights where you will indulge in the luxurious views and enchanting ambiance of the Amalfi Coast. A mixture of private drivers and private tours will combine for an excellent exploration of the fabled towns along the shoreline, as well as a grand excursion into the depths of cultural history in Campania at the Greek temples of Paestum. Learn the art of crafting buffalo mozzarella during a demonstration on a farm and embrace the magnificent tastes of the Apennines with a wine and food tour of the inland towns that will be guided by a sommelier for a perfect embodiment of Italy’s diverse, yet familiar cultural flavors. Read some of our Italy traveler reviews to discover new experiences to add to your own tour.
$3,575 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.88 stars based on
Reviewed By Gerald N.
Reviewed By Jon S.
Reviewed By Michael C.
Reviewed By Erin C.
Reviewed By Brock T.
Reviewed By Joe K.