This custom-tailored 8-day Tuscany tour of Lucca, Pisa, San Gimignano, Siena, and Florence guides you through the picturesque cities and famous landscape of the Tuscan countryside. Cobbled lanes are as historic and gripping as the artifacts in the museums while the treasured hills are filled with verdant grasses and vast vineyards. Find exceptional medieval towns practically frozen in time, walls encircling the historic city centers, and Renaissance statues that inspire.
Florence – Arrive in the Enchanting Renaissance City of Florence
The historic streets and churches around Florence have lent the city to be dubbed the “Cradle of the Renaissance.” Stunning marble sculptures decorate the public square of Piazza della Signoria. The Loggia della Signoria decorates the southern border of the square, filled with images of the Renaissance set beneath the large, open arches and date back to the 14th century. Medici lions look out to Palazzo Vecchio. Perseus holds the head of Medusa, cast in shimmering bronze. The Arno River floats past in the nearby canal. The lush Tuscan hills encompass the outer reaches of the city, emphasized with thin towering cypress trees.
Your private transfer leads you into Florence helping you settle into the beauty and romance of the historic city. Piazzale Michelangelo watches over the historic city center on the Otra Arno, known as the other side of the Arno River. The terrace provides a spectacular view of the entire city, stretching from the banks of the river, past the dramatic dome of the Florence Cathedral, all the way to the hills beyond the ancient city walls. The scent of fresh pasta fills the evening air.
Every evening the monks at the Abbey of San Miniato al Monte, just behind the piazza, perform mass. Their Gregorian chants echo in the gilded church gallery. The scent of frankincense filters out the doors of the church and into the countryside. It is a perfect introduction to Tuscany.
Pisa – Journey to Pisa and Discover the Leaning Tower and the City Beyond
Lucca – Venture to the Medieval City and Explore the Historic Walled Town
Lucca – Relish Tuscan Flavors with a Gourmet Cooking Class in an Antique Palace
San Gimignano – Explore the Historic Towers on the Hillside City
San Gimignano – Revel in the Charm of the Medieval City’s Cobblestone Streets
San Gimignano – Traverse the Beauty of Florence’s Public Squares and Museums
Florence – Depart for Home
- Discover the ineffable feeling of seeing Michelangelo’s David up close and personal
- Spend 3 nights at one of the luxury villas of La Canonica di Cortine, which has a history dating back to 1037
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of the award-winning Pierotucci Leather Workshop, covering every aspect of the production
- Indulge in historic flavors and gourmet delights during a private, hands-on cooking class teaching authentic Tuscan traditions with a menu matched to your tastes
- Witness the iconic symbol of the Republic of Pisa’s glory days in the Piazza dei Miracoli, the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Explore the medieval walls of Lucca on a bicycle, encircling the treasured park that showcases the historic ramparts
- See the unique artistic charm of the mosaics inside the Siena Cathedral
- Climb to the top of the medieval towers creating the skyline of San Gimignano for an unparalleled view of the Tuscan countryside
- Visit the town of Carrara for a look at an ancient marble quarry, and glimpse into a sculpting academy
- Embark on a hot air balloon ride over the Tuscan hills, followed by a Champagne breakfast
$2,907 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Emily H.
Reviewed By Ann Q.
Reviewed By Meg D.
Reviewed By Kea-Shawn T.
Reviewed By Alex N.
Reviewed By Suparna P.