Patagonia is a place where ruggedness meets elegance and where a Land of Fire is covered by ice, where there is grace in jagged peaks and puissance and where even the bleakness carries its charms. It’s a place so captivating that you’ll find yourself at the End of the World, and never want to leave.
Landing in Argentina
You touch down this morning in Buenos Aires, the cosmopolitan capital of Argentina and one of the most famous cities in all of South America, where European elegance meets South American style for a mix that is as unique as it is unforgettable. After being transferred to your luxurious and centrally located hotel, spend the rest of your day exploring this marvelous metropolis, from the cobblestone lanes of San Telmo to the city parks in Belgrano, reveling in the city’s energy, filled with culture and history of societies from all across the globe. Enjoy dinner at one of the city’s famed parrillas, where you’ll find the finest cuts of beef and perfectly paired wines in abundance.
Exploring the Paris of Latin America
A Train Ride, Sailing Trip, and Argentina’s National Dance
Turning South to Patagonia
The Natural Splendor of Perito Moreno
Glacier Trekking and a Day at the Ranch
Down to the World’s Southernmost City
A Day in the Land of Fire
The Lakes of Patagonia
Morning in Tierra del Fuego, Evening on the Golfo Nuevo
A Visit to Peninsula Valdes
Seeing the Penguins at Punta Tombo
Leaving South America
- Start your trip in Buenos Aires, the social and political center of Argentina, where there is excitement in every step and flavor in every minute, from the ribald yet sophisticated steps of the tango to the succulent sizzle of grass-fed beef at a local parrilla (grill)
- Turn north to Tigre to enjoy the breathtaking scenery and brilliant architecture of northern Argentina
- Tour the beautiful ice world of Patagonia near El Calafate, from the blue expanse of Perito Moreno to the green fields that surround Estancia Cristina
- Visit unrivaled Ushuaia, one of the southernmost cities on the globe, taking in the plunging depths and scenic shores of Lakes Escondido and Fagnano and the wide palette of colors on the Beagle Channel
- Spend some time in the Chubut Province, from the incomparable whale watching at Puerto Piramides to the fascinating exhibits at the Archaeological Museum at Trelew, from the penguin colony at Punta Tombo to high tea in Gaiman
From breathtaking glaciers to the inspiring streets of its cities, Argentina is a country filled with magnificent nature and fascinating culture. This thirteen-day trip to Patagonia, Puerto Madryn, and Buenos Aires will showcase the highlights of both ends of the spectrum, giving you a glimpse into life in all corners of Argentina, from the banks of the Rio de la Plata to the trailing islands of Tierra del Fuego.
Your Argentina travel experience starts in Buenos Aires, where you’ll experience urban life in true Argentine style, from the dignified edifices near the Plaza de Mayo to the hectic vivacity of La Boca. Then head south to Patagonia, where you’ll witness the incredible power of this rugged terrain, where crystalline glaciers abut the boundless sky above, lined by the jagged rises of the Andes. Finally, you’ll visit the Chubut Province in northern Patagonia, where you’ll be thrilled by watching Southern Right Whales at Puerto Piramides and delighted by the mincing steps of Magellanic penguins at Punta Tombo.
From the End of the World to the center of the country, from the history of prehistoric peoples to the undeniable grandeur of the present day, you’ll find nothing lacking in this fascinating and enthralling nation. There is magic here and mystery, song and stories, breathtaking landscapes and mirth-making people. And there’s never been a better time to enjoy them yourself.
$3,245 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on 585 reviews.
Reviewed By Arman M.
Reviewed By Ryan D.
Reviewed By Charlotte M.
Reviewed By Edward L.
Reviewed By Dana S.
Reviewed By Judith B.