Relish the rich natural beauty and diversity that South Africa has to offer, and enjoy the finest marine viewing experiences on this 13-day vacation . Get up-close-and-personal to marine mammals in their natural environment – experience the thrill of watching humpback whales lobtailing, southern right whales breaching, dolphins jumping and seals playing, and be awed by great-white sharks. Then shift your search from the sea to the land and scout the African bush for the Big Five – this vacation...
Cape Town – Arrive in South Africa
Today, you arrive in Cape Town - world renowned for award-winning wines and spectacular natural beauty. Collect your rental vehicle from Cape Town International Airport and begin exploring the breath-taking views across False Bay. Travel onto Simon’s Town and the lodge where you’ll be spending the night. The lodge is ideally positioned near Boulders Beach – home to approximately 2,000 African Penguins.
Cape Town – Explore the City, Table Mountain, Township Tour, Walk with Baboons
Cape Town – Cape Peninsula Guided Tour
Hermanus – En route to discover whales
Hermanus – Dyer Island Cruise
Oudtshoorn – Exploring Cango Caves
Plettenberg Bay – Breath-taking Outeniqua Pass
Plettenberg Bay – Garden Route exploration
Plettenberg Bay – Bungee Jump or Canopy Tour
Port Elizabeth – Calabash Township Tour
Amakhala Game Reserve – Discover the Big 5
Amakhala Game Reserve – Walk through the African bush
Port Elizabeth – Depart Home
- Come face-to-face with Africa’s Big Five at Amakhala Game Reserve
- Search for the Marine Big Five - namely: whales, sharks, seals, dolphins and penguins
- See as many as three different whale species
- Interact with, and ride, the world’s largest bird – the ostrich
- Relish a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to ‘walk with baboons’
- Discover the underground wonders of the Cango Caves - Africa’s largest show cave system
- Cultural tour: meet local South Africans first-hand by taking a township tour
- Leap off the highest commercial bungee jump in the world (optional) - a plunge that Prince Harry took while in South Africa
- Appreciate that on your vacation you’ll use companies recognized by the Fair Trade Tourism organization for their commitment to ethical, social and environmental processes and the promotion of responsible tourism
$12,670 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Beth C.
Reviewed By George L.
Reviewed By Kathleen S.
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Erica O.
Reviewed By Fernando C.