Over this one-week whirlwind tour of Kenya’s highlights, you will experience both the quintessential experiences alongside the lesser-known (but equally spectacular) corners of the country. Walk the flamingo-lined shores of Lake Bogoria and Lake Nakuru, pausing to admire the robust rhinoceros population. Head into the bush on foot guided by a Maasai Warrior, learning of the tricks and skills that have their enabled Maasai prosperity for centuries. Finally, traverse the plains of the infamous Maasai...
Lake Bogoria – Drive Across the Rift Valley
Touching down at Kenya’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport marks the beginning of a spectacular tour of Kenya’s landscapes, cultures, and wildlife. Without wasting a moment, you will jump in a private vehicle, leaving the bustling city of Nairobi behind you. Driving northwest, landscapes will shift dramatically as you enter the Great Rift Valley. Stopping periodically to marvel at the plunging escarpments, volcanic mountains and pristine lakes, the drive on route to Lake Bogoria will be a scenic adventure in and of itself. Your vehicle will wind and climb a small portion of this massive valley that geologically connects Syria with Mozambique through a series of rifts and faults. Midway through the drive, you have the chance to stop for a fantastic photo opportunity as you straddle either side of the equator! Marked by signs, it will be impossible to miss this global landmark.
Descending into the volcanic valley after approximately five hours, you will approach the saline Lake Bogoria. Pink flamingos positively coat this shallow alkaline lake, feeding off the alga that survives – remarkably – in this otherwise challenging environment. Gazing out onto this spectacular sight, the lake’s tranquility is interrupted sporadically by exploding geysers as they leap up to five meters in the air along the shore. As flamingo’s circle overhead while others walk the sidelines, you will bear witness to one of Kenya’s lesser-known, but truly magical, places.
Lake Bogoria – Flamingos, Hot Springs, and Geysers
Lake Nakuru National Park – In Pursuit of Rhinoceros, Hyenas, Baboons, and Gazelle
Maji Moto – Venture Deep Into the Land of the Maasai Warriors
Maasai Mara – Visit with the Maasai and Explore the Savannas of the Mara
Maasai Mara – Safaris With Wildebeest, Maasai Warriors, and the Big Five
Nairobi – Depart to Home
- Scour the Maasai Mara savanna in search of lions, elephants, leopards, giraffe, and rhinoceros amidst a sea of migrating zebra, wildebeest, and gazelle
- Weave through the escarpments, plains, and cliffs of the Great Rift Valley, pausing for a photo opportunity directly on the equator
- Marvel at the flamingo-filled alkaline lakes of the Great Rift Valley at Lake Bogoria and Lake Nakuru National Parks
- Gaze at one of many black and white rhinoceros as it gracefully scratches his back on an acacia tree
- Learn the ancient practices of the Maasai Warriors that have enabled them to thrive in the Kenyan bush
$4,363 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 179 reviews.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Roxy W.
Reviewed By Kelly S.
Reviewed By Lindsay K.
Reviewed By mike K.