This package carries visitors through the full spectrum of Kenyan landscapes on a stunning weeklong adventure in the bush. Beginning in the arid plains of Samburu National Park, guests will enjoy intimacy and solitude with the region’s unique wildlife. Moving on through the slopes of Mount Kenya towards the flamingo-filled floor of the Great Rift Valley, you will enjoy the lushness and freshness of these Great Rift Valley regions. The tour culminates with the quintessential Kenyan experience:...
Nairobi - Drive into Samburu National Reserve
This tour through Kenya’s most famous parks begins in the capital city of Nairobi. Touching down at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will catch your first glimpse of this fascinating country. Upon clearing customs and collecting your baggage, you will be met by a representative who will whisk you out of the city and towards the bush. Driving north out of the city, you will move through the Kikuyu tribal lands of the central province. As the landscape becomes increasingly more arid, you will know you are approaching your first destination: Samburu National Reserve.
Samburu is one of the most ideal parks for wildlife viewing, given that the landscape is composed largely of desert scrubland and distant mountains. Relative to the more southern reserves, Samburuland is seldom visited – providing you with near exclusivity in this unique landscape. Combined with the distinct Samburu and Turkana cultures, your time in Samburu will be a unique and atypical introduction to Kenya. While here, you will likely stay at the stunning Samburu Serena hotel, or at another similar accommodation.
Arriving in the afternoon, you might enjoy spending the remainder of your day relaxing on the lodge grounds. With a spa on site, a massage may be the perfect way to unwind from all the travel. Alternatively, you may enjoy quietly relaxing with a book near the pool. However, if you are especially excited to get into the bush, it is always possible to join a late afternoon safari that will set out into the arid plains. The remainder of the day is spent entirely at your leisure. Enjoy your first bush buffet dinner with the lodge under the starry night sky, before returning sleepily to your bed.
Samburu National Reserve - Full Day of Game Drives
Mount Kenya - Drive Into the Shadow
Lake Nakuru National Park - Drive to the Floor of the Great Rift Valley
Masai Mara National Reserve - Travel Towards the Famed Plains
Masai Mara National Reserve - Spend a Full Day on Safari
Nairobi - Departure
- Traverse the world-famous golden plains and grasslands of the Masai Mara, in search of the full cast of the Big Five: lions, leopards, rhinoceros, elephant and buffalo
- Explore the arid landscapes of Samburu National Park, searching for the elusive ‘Samburu Special Five:' the reticulated giraffe, the gerenuk, the Grevy’s zebra, the Somali ostrich and the beisa oryx
- Relax on a wooden porch in the shadow of Mount Kenya, as elephants splash in the watering hole below
- Amble along the flamingo-studded shoreline of Lake Nakuru, as black and white rhinos look on from the floodplains
- Enjoy quiet moments in the shade of an acacia tree with freshly harvested coffee, enjoying a homemade pastry in the heart of an African wilderness
- Sip on evening cocktails as the African sky theatrically transforms with color as the sun sets
$4,090 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By Katharine B.
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Huan W.
Reviewed By Paul G.
Reviewed By Linda G.
Reviewed By Michael D.