From elaborate tombs to the Colosseum, iconic pyramids to the Acropolis, this 15-day tour compares the great ancient civilizations, stepping back through 5,000 years of wonder and enchantment. Connecting the original memoirs to antiquity, you spend three days in Rome, another three in ancient Athens, and then five days exploring the remarkable memories left by the Egyptian dynasties. With private guides and direct flights, it's the ultimate journey through ancient history.
Rome – Cuisine and Culture of Old Italy
The Eternal City mesmerizes with its historical icons and odes to antiquity. But before you’re immersed in the memoirs to ancient Rome, there’s a cuisine and culture that’s perfect for recuperating from your flight. You’ll be greeted at the airport and transferred to a historic five-star hotel in Old Rome, within walking distance of Navona Piazza and the Pantheon. A guide takes you to a pizzeria that’s hidden down a back alley, where you sample the simplicity of real Italian pizza and the full-bodied allure of a bottle of Montepulciano. Relax. Watch the world go by from the restaurant’s terrace. Soak up the hospitality and slow your pace, because Rome is a city that likes to move slowly. Although you may be eager to start uncovering the famous sites, spending a relaxed afternoon on the terraces of the old streets ensures you will be properly reenergized for this 15-day journey through history.
Day 2 - 4
Rome – Exploring the Unforgettable Monuments of Ancient Rome
Rome – Magnificent Works in the Vatican and Sistine Chapel
Athens – Direct Flights to Athens and Afternoon Exploring the Cobbled Streets
Day 7 - 8
Athens – Lost Amongst the Wonders of Ancient Athens
Athens – Relaxed Day Cruise to the Islands Outside Athens
Cairo – Direct Flight to Cairo and Gazing Over the Pyramids of Giza
Cairo – Intimacy With the Pyramids and Afternoon in Coptic Cairo
Day 12 - 13
Luxor – Remarkable Tombs and Temples of the Valley of the Kings
Day 14 - 15
Luxor – Luxor Temple and the Memoirs to the 18th Dynasty of Ancient Egypt
Cairo – Hot Air Balloon Above Luxor's West Bank and Departure
- Explore the astonishing highlights of the ancient world on a 15-day luxury tour, combining the wonders of Rome, Athens, and Egypt with private guides
- Stand beneath the Great Pyramids of Giza then head further back in time by visiting the pyramids at Saqqara
- Uncover the secrets behind the tombs at the Valley of the Kings, every hieroglyphic-laden wall and vault another tale of Egypt's 18th dynasty
- Journey through ancient Rome and feast your eyes on the city's world-famous monuments
- Marvel at the temples in Luxor and Athens, admiring how the ancient Greeks and Egyptians had much more in common than most people realize.
- Unravel the beauty of the old Christian world with a day amongst the artwork of the Vatican, and an afternoon amongst the 5th-century stone churches of Coptic Cairo
- Relax and reenergize in the middle of all the sightseeing with a boat cruise to remote Greek islands close to Athens
- Observe the contemporary side of the old cities, with walks down 14th-century cobbled lanes and markets that have hardly changed since the 17th century
- Intimately unravel the subtle connections in design, admiring how ancient Thebes, Athens, and Rome influenced each other
- Hot air balloon above Luxor, see the Sphinx at sunset, gaze up at the Sistine Chapel, take in the complexity of the Ancient Agora of Athens, and take your own postcard photos of the world's odes to antiquity
The cradles of the ancient world have always looked impressive on photos. The Pyramids of Giza glistening at sunrise, extravagant temples rising above Athens, the Colosseum seemingly untouched since its last gladiatorial contest. These are the famous postcards, the snapshots of civilizations that date back many thousands of years. But they only become real when all your senses are lost in their atmosphere, when complex hidden details combine with the expression of scale. Magical and mystical, these world wonders invite you into a bygone era, encouraging you to breathe in the ambiance and architecture of their time. Photos can't do justice to the grandeur, nor can they evoke the enormity of the monuments. But with private tours, you hear your own footsteps cross the stone, inspect the fabulous details filling every structure, and truly discover the cradles of the ancient world.
This handcrafted luxury tour combines four famous destinations in 15 days. It's not a whistle-stop itinerary, but rather a focused tour that celebrates the odes to antiquity. Direct flights connect the destinations and private tours ensure you can unravel the stories that accompany the sights. Select five-star hotels continue the immersion; you'll gaze over the Great Pyramids of Giza from your room, find yourself mere footsteps away from the Agora, and be within the cobblestone heart of ancient Rome.
You'll step back in time, starting around 2,000 years ago in Rome. Spend a day uncovering the evocative monuments, from columns to obelisks to the Colosseum. Then enjoy a day amongst the artwork of the Vatican, where the Sistine Chapel showcases why monuments must be experienced, rather than merely seen with the eyes. Fly to Athens, and you'll have ample time to explore the magnificent monuments from ancient Greece. Breaking up the sightseeing, A day is spent cruising around two islands outside Athens, a time to takes things slow and reflect on the empires you've just seen.
The final five days are spent in Egypt. After landing in Cairo, a private guide takes you to the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, a great place to familiarize yourself with the stories and treasures from the dynasties. You get to explore the Great Pyramids of Giza, then take in the 4,700-year-old pyramid at Saqqara. An afternoon in Coptic Cairo complements the discovery and provides further evidence of how the ancient civilizations had huge influences on one another. Land in Luxor and spend the afternoon amongst the Valley of the Kings, before wandering through the astonishing temples and avenues of Luxor's East Bank. For a final impression of scale, you enjoy a sunrise hot air balloon flight above Luxor West Bank on the final day, before departing ancient Thebes and flying home via Cairo.
$5,307 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By Nicholas J.
Reviewed By Anna M.
Reviewed By ghazaleh B.
Reviewed By Malti P.
Reviewed By Loretta S.
Reviewed By Mistene H.