Southern Africa abounds with heavenly landscapes that dance with color and contrast. Bright red sand dunes, hippo-filled wetlands, and elephant-covered plains are all yours to take in. This 16-day tour explores the region’s astonishing natural highlights as you enjoy the best of Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. You will go deep into the wilderness with Bushmen guides to uncover untamed Africa from the ground, the water, and the air. As you consider your destinations, be sure to look through other...
Victoria Falls – Helicopter Flight Above the Falls
More water tips over the edge of Victoria Falls than any other waterfall on the planet. Over a mile wide and over 100 meters deep, these falls are a symbol of Southern Africa’s natural extravagance. After an early-morning arrival and some relaxed time at the lodge, you confront the falls from the air, a helicopter flight creating the ultimate view of this remarkable spectacle. The Zambezi River thunders into a chasm, the water returning as the spray and the sun create 360-degree rainbows in the mist. Touch down after the flight and the rest of the afternoon is at your leisure, the baboons, and hippos of Victoria Falls providing continual excitement around the lodge.
Victoria Falls – Zambezi River Cruise and a Walk Alongside the Falls
Mana Pools National Park – Game Drive Introductions
Mana Pools National Park – Canoe and Walking Safari
Hwange National Park – Track the Predators
Day 6 - 7
Hwange National Park – Iconic Big Game Safari
Makgadikgadi Pans – Meerkats and Brown Hyenas
Makgadikgadi Pans – A Day With the Bushmen
Day 10 - 11
Central Kalahari Game Reserve – Remote and Resplendent Safari
Sossusvlei – Exclusive Aerial Safari
Sossusvlei – Alone With the Red Sand Dunes
Day 14 - 15
Swakopmund – Beach, Desert, Atlantic Waves, and Namibia’s Skeleton Coast
Walvis Bay – Departure
- Spot the best of Southern Africa’s wildlife with a full week of big game safari, as well as a handful of other destinations where wild giants roam
- Marvel at the spectacle of Victoria Falls on a helicopter flight
- Drive, canoe and walk through the wetlands of Mana Pools National Park, a lush paradise where hippos and buffalos are amongst those that congregate in huge numbers
- Track the battles between predators in Hwange National Park, an outstanding safari destination that is also packed with thousands of elephants
- Seek out meerkats and endangered brown hyena on the endless Makgadikgadi salt pans
- Spend a day with the gatekeepers to the Kalahari as the Zu/’hoasi Bushmen teach you how to track animals and survive in the bush
- Follow the black-maned lions and four-legged nomads across the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, one of Africa’s largest wilderness areas and a safari experience of pure surprise
- Discover the visual beauty of Namibia with an exclusive aerial safari for a day spent hopping between legendary natural sights like Fish River Canyon, the second largest canyon on the planet
- Explore the burning red sand dunes around Sossusvlei and immerse yourself in the wonder of the Namib Desert
- Relax on the Atlantic coast at Swakopmund and spend a day with seals and shipwrecks on the Skeleton Coast
$10,091 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.96 stars based on
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By william a.
Reviewed By Patrick S.
Reviewed By Jim H.
Reviewed By Walter N.