Soak up spirit and passion on an 18-day South America adventure that takes you to historic capital cities, exotic countryside towns, and picturesque Patagonian regions. Admire the marvelous cultural atmosphere in Rio, Buenos Aires, and Santiago, witness the impressive Iguazu Falls and Towers of Paine, and cross the breathtaking glacial landscapes of El Calafate during your complete adventure in Brazil, Argentina, and Chile.
Rio de Janeiro - Sailing in South America
Your South American escape will begin in Brazil’s bustling seaside city, Rio de Janeiro. Rio’s colorful atmosphere will seduce you as you arrive and transfer to accommodation around the corner from the beaches, historic neighborhoods, magnificent Brazilian mountains, and beneath the open arms of the famous Christ the Redeemer statue. You will drop off your belongings and transfer to the nearest dock, and then sail across Guanabara Bay to bask in the views of Rio’s skyline with the soaring summit of Sugarloaf Mountain rising in the distance. The islands, forts, and sparkling sea will backdrop your evening cruise.
Rio de Janeiro - Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer
Puerto Iguazu - Breathtaking Views of the Iguazu Falls
Puerto Iguazu - Scenes of Iguazu from Argentina
Buenos Aires - Explore San Telmo and Beyond
Buenos Aires - Visit a Traditional Argentine Cattle Ranch
El Calafate - Relax on the Patagonian Border
El Calafate - Picturesque Hike to Perito Moreno Glacier
El Calafate - Cruise to Glacier Upsala and an Estancia
Torres del Paine National Park - Head for Chile’s Patagonia
Torres del Paine National Park - Witness the Towers of Paine
Torres del Paine National Park - Expeditions on Horseback
Punta Arenas - Witness the Magellan Penguin Colonies
Puerto Varas - Visit Vincente Perez Rosales National Park
Chiloe Island - Myths and Legends from Chacao to Castro
Chiloe Island - Cross Lake Todos Los Santos by Catamaran
Santiago - Discover the Cultural Depth of Chile
Santiago - Visit Valparaiso and Vina del Mar
- Sail across the sweeping sapphire waters of Guanabara Bay in the evening to capture Rio’s skyline, Sugarloaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer, and more from the sea
- Ascend the summit of Sugarloaf Mountain for panoramic views of the cityscape and wander to Christ the Redeemer to admire Rio’s colossal emblematic sculpture
- Bask in breathtaking views of the Iguazu Falls from the observation decks that overlook the natural world wonder on the Brazilian side of the South American border
- Tour to the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls to see the scenes from a unique vantage point and appreciate the smaller but still significant falls that cascade the rainforest
- Immerse yourself in the colorful Argentinian culture on a tour of San Telmo’s vibrant neighborhood and more landmarks peppering Buenos Aires
- Spend time at a traditional Argentine cattle ranch, or estancia, and ride across the idyllic and unspoiled countryside on horseback before an authentic Asado, or barbecue, dinner
- Peruse the picturesque pathways that weave through Argentina’s Patagonia to view the snow-covered plains surrounding the icy walls of Perito Moreno Glacier
- Cruise across the glassy bay of Puerto Banderas to the immense ice-covered Glacier Upsala and tour an estancia stationed on the frosted landscape
- Hike in Torres del Paine National Park along challenging or casual trails to the base of the Towers of Paine and ride horses in the illustrious reserve
- Witness the immense Magellan Penguin colonies of Magdalena island on a day trip to the sparse but beautiful island and its iconic lighthouse
- Cross the blackened volcanic landscape of Visit Vincente Perez Rosales National Park on a tour to the silver streams of Petrohué Waterfalls and the Osorno Volcano
- Glide across the sparkling waters of Lake Todos Los Santos by catamaran on a scenic tour of Chiloe Island
$12,865 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Kristin B.
Reviewed By Carmen B.
Reviewed By Lynne H.
Reviewed By Dave M.
Reviewed By Mary B.
Reviewed By Helen D.