Tree-climbing lions, wild gorillas, endless herds and troops of rare chimpanzees are all yours to take in as Uganda’s wildlife highlights combine the exclusive with the iconic. Escape into the wilderness to explore the country’s three flagship destinations as you travel from the mystical rainforest to the scorched savannah and the hippo-filled channels. Intimate and authentic, this custom itinerary will be packed with some of the world’s greatest wildlife encounters.
Kibale National Park – Sights and Sounds of the Exotic Forest
Touch down in Kibale National Park, and you will immediately sense the freshness of the dew, the fragrances of endemic flowers, and the musty scents left behind by monkey troops in the canopy. The sounds are also alien, from the distant echoed hoot of red colobus monkeys to the exotic chirping of endemic birds. In the distance, you may hear the sound of one of the park’s elephants plowing a path into the trees, and all around your camp, there will be evidence of four-legged visitors, like the bushbuck and the warthogs. Gaze up, and a single scene might capture the iconic and the unique as an olive long-tailed cuckoo will fly above a small buffalo herd.
You will arrive at Entebbe International Airport, and a representative will assist in your transfer to a light aircraft bound for Kibale Forest National Park, located in the far west of Uganda. Descend with views over the Africa’s highest mountain chain, and then disappear beneath the canopy on your transfer to the lodge. After lunch, you can spend your afternoon on a walking safari in the surrounding area as blue monkeys, and black-and-white colobus monkeys can be seen with astonishing frequency. Sitatunga and bushbuck will provide new charm, and into the late afternoon, you might spot serval and various mongoose species. It will be an easy safari today and a chance to tune your senses to the sounds of the forest. Lounge on your lodge verandah after dark, and you will continue to see and sense the wild animals, as well as spot those that roam beneath the lodge’s floodlight.
Kibale National Park – Walk With the Chimpanzees
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Boat Safari Along the Kazinga Channel
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Iconic East Africa Big-Game Safari
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Game Drives on the Savanna
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Intimate Gorilla Trekking Experience
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – An Hour With a Different Gorilla Troop
Entebbe – Aerial Safari and Departure
- Journey deep into the rainforest to meet a wild gorilla troop and spend a full hour with the world’s largest primates
- Game drive across the iconic East African savannah to find unique tree-climbing lions
- Boat safari down the Kazinga Channel and surround yourself with hippos and the drama of the riverbank
- Walk into the depths of the Kibale Forest to spend an hour with a troop of wild chimpanzees who impress all of your senses
- Explore Queen Elizabeth National Park on foot as you get even closer to the legendary animals of the savannah including elephants and rare antelope species
- Go gorilla trekking for a second time to meet a different troop for another hour of astonishing intimacy
- Unravel the dramatic natural beauty of Uganda as you fly over the thick misty forest and across the open ochre-red of the plains
- Discover how a Ugandan safari is all about surprise as you come across forest elephants on route to the gorillas, or the samango monkeys that hoot as you watch the chimpanzees
$7,915 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.86 stars based on
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Richard K.
Reviewed By Emily F.
Reviewed By Alexa G.
Reviewed By Katherine M.
Reviewed By Jacqueline S.