Though famed for its wildlife, Tanzanian cultures are equally remarkable – and this tour combines it all. Beginning in the quiet corners of Tarangire National Park, guests are ushered into the soothing rhythm of the African bush. Depth is added to the wilderness experience while walking alongside the Hadzabe people, among the only remaining hunter-gatherer societies. The tour culminates in the famed Serengeti National Park and in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The Great Wildebeest Migration...
Arusha - Arrive and Settle In
As your plane descends into Kilimanjaro International Airport between the snow-capped peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru, your adventure into the wilds of the country will finally begin. A representative will meet you in the arrivals hall of the airport, and together you will make a short drive to your first lodge, just outside the city of Arusha. With charming old-world quality, there are numerous places to sit and observe this wildlife sanctuary.
You will check into your suite, and likely spend much of the late afternoon sitting on your private porch in anticipation of your first wildlife spotting. Eland, zebra, waterbuck and colobus monkeys often stroll by. If interested in stretching your legs, the lodge runs numerous walks throughout the sanctuary, stopping at local villages and stunning forests along the way, with many opportunities for wildlife encounters. Enjoy your first Tanzanian sundowner on the lodge terrace in the shade of ancient mango trees, before moving to the dining room for dinner. Return to your wrought iron bed for a deep sleep – tomorrow, the adventure really begins!
Tarangire National Park - Your First Safari
Tarangire National Park - Untamed National Park
Lake Eyasi - Eyasi Escarpment and the Kidero Mountains
Lake Eyasi - Celebrating the Hadzabe People
Serengeti - Olduvai Gorge
Serengeti - The Great Wildebeest Migration
Serengeti - Searching for the Big Five and the Smaller Creatures
Ngorongoro Crater - Serengeti to the Lip of the Ngorongoro Crater
Ngorongoro Crater - Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Arusha - Return to Arusha
- Search the plains of the Serengeti and the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater for the famed cast of the Big Five
- Explore the raw wilderness of Tarangire National Park, observing a substantial elephant population against the backdrop of baobabs
- Set out on foot in Tarangire and the Serengeti, learning animal behavior and tracking from local guides
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in the shade of an acacia tree, while surrounded by the Great Wildebeest Migration
- Spend time with one of the world’s remaining hunter-gatherer tribes – the Hadzabe – on the remote shores of Lake Eyasi
- Hike across the plateau of the Ngorongoro Crater, taking in sweeping views of the Serengeti, the crater floor, and Lake Eyasi
$11,985 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Elise F.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Beth A.
Reviewed By Monique L.
Reviewed By Larry N.
Reviewed By Juli D.