Zanzibar makes vacations seamless for senior travelers with tropical lagoons, quiet beaches, cultural experiences, and an underwater suite. The Serengeti provides endless safari excitement with wildebeest herds, lion prides, spotted cats and zebra stripes. Split across four exotic destinations, this handcrafted tour offers an eclectic, island experience that is followed by a relaxed, big game safari. So, settle into island bliss before surrounding yourself with the great wildebeest migration.
Pingwe – Settling into a Quiet Beach Escape
From a beachside bungalow, you will gaze out across the ocean. The waters here are soft and peaceful, glistening through azure and emerald colors as the sun crosses the sky. Sometimes you can hear the waves, but you never really see them. They will crash against a coral wall some mile out, turning the beachside waters into a lagoon. It can feel like you are wading or swimming in a bath, such as temperature and lack of currents. At high tide, the waters may be a little high for swimming, but during all other times, this will be a very safe place to float and swim, whatever your age.
Another highlight of the eastern coast is the picture that will be created at low tide. The ocean will recede, and you will be able to walk across water that is ankle to knee deep. Coral outcrops will stud the water and will be populated by swarms of tropical fish, so at certain times of day, you can experience diverse marine life without needing to put on a snorkel. The other first impression there will be tranquility. This side of the island is undeveloped and little will break the silence. So, take off your shoes, settle into the slow Zanzibari rhythm, and find yourself in a tropical paradise. There will be time to do things on the island, but all that will be saved for later.
Pingwe – Resting Up on the White Sand
Pingwe – Another Beautiful Day in Zanzibar
Stone Town – Walking with Monkeys and an Easy Tour of the Old Maze
Stone Town – Evocative Spice and Slave Trading History Tour
Stone Town – Half-Day Traditional Dhow Cruise to Coral and Islands
Pemba – Surrounded by Marine Life in an Underwater Suite
Day 8 - 9
Pemba – Quiet Days on the Pemba Beaches
Serengeti – Onto the Grass Plains
Day 11 - 12
Serengeti – Idyllic African Safari for Seniors
Kilimanjaro – Departure
- Settle into three relaxed days on Zanzibar’s eastern coast where the Blue Lagoon makes swimming very safe for all
- Discover the marine world without leaving your room by spending a night in an underwater hotel suite
- Explore the wonder of the Serengeti on a three-night African safari
- Cruise to deserted islands on a traditional wooden dhow, with ruins and tortoises along the way
- Connect with Zanzibar’s infamous trading history during a day that combines both slave trading and spice plantations
- Track the great wildebeest migration on private game drives with the Serengeti being a wonderful place to spot the big cats
- Escape to three days on Pemba, the little sister of the Zanzibar archipelago
- Stroll through the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Stone Town, discovering its artistic and architectural heritage
- Peruse slowly through Jozani Forest, searching for rare primates like the red colobus monkey
- Dine at a restaurant on a coral outcrop, choose to go fishing with the locals, and admire the archipelago from the air on a scenic transfer flight
- Spend your vacation of Zanzibar in some of Africa’s best small resorts where modern luxury meets the trademark, local hospitality
$11,435 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on 326 reviews.
Reviewed By Thomas R.
Reviewed By Fang L.
Reviewed By Monique L.
Reviewed By Roshana S.
Reviewed By Andrea L.
Reviewed By Jonathan F.