History is alive in the Serengeti and in Zanzibar as tales of humankind’s evolution mix with roving elephants and Masai tribes continue ancient lifestyles as they herd cattle past lion pride. Wildebeest and zebra migrate across the grasslands and follow an annual pattern unchanged since the beginning of time. These destinations whisper the secrets of the world’s past, and on this 2-week safari, you will uncover that they also hold the key to the future.
Ngorongoro Crater – Perched on the Rim of the Crater
Begin your safari on the rim of the world’s largest intact caldera and gaze down on a lake speckled pink by flamingos. Your lodge will stand on the rim, and your suite will offer an iconic vista over to the far side of the old volcano. An elephant may wander past, followed by a herd of zebra, then a bashful herd of bushbuck. From above, you can make out some dots on the grasslands, and soon see that they are small herds of buffalo and wildebeest. You will have landed at Kilimanjaro International and transferred onto a light aircraft for the short flight to the crater. Check into your hotel and enjoy sundowners with an incredible view before an evening of fine dining as elephants roam nearby.
Ngorongoro Crater – Exquisite Safari on the Caldera Floor
Serengeti – The Origins of Mankind
Serengeti – The Magical Grass Plains where the Migration Begins
Day 5 - 6
Serengeti – Big Game Safari on the Serengeti Plains
Day 7 - 8
Loliondo Reserve – Immersed in the World of the Maasai Tribe
Stone Town – Landing on the Spice Island
Stone Town – Exploring an Evocative Trading History
Stone Town – The World Heritage Stone Town Maze
Day 12 - 14
Dongwe – Barefoot White Sand Paradise
Dongwe – Departure
- Unearth the origins of humankind as you visit Olduvai Gorge, where homo habilis evolved almost two million years ago
- Explore the world’s largest intact volcanic caldera, Ngorongoro Crater, and marvel at the many animals and habitats that coexist
- Descend onto the plains of the Serengeti and discover how the nutrient-rich grass can support the world’s largest wild mammal population
- Spend two days with the Masai tribe in the private Loliondo Reserve to learn all about the cultural heritage of the famous plains
- Immerse yourself in the untamed spectacle of the great wildebeest migration, an annual event that has taken place since long before records began
- Explore with private game drives that will bring you closer to the battles between predator and prey on the Serengeti
- Take an evocative tour through Zanzibar’s World Heritage Stone Town and discover a thousand years of coral houses and local design
- Engage in the history of trading and the Spice Island with journeys to plantations and caves across the island
- Complete your vacation with three days on an exotic white-sand beach as history is evoked by sailing in a traditional Zanzibar dhow, a type of sailing vessel
$8,770 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Katharine B.
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Ellen M.
Reviewed By Darrel P.
Reviewed By Dennis H.
Reviewed By Kurt B.