Western Tanzania provides an indelible mix for the luxury traveler. It's remote and off the beaten track, with beautiful landscapes defined by wild allure and outstanding lodges providing an opulent base for the wilderness adventure. Then unique experiences provide the out of the ordinary: tracking wild chimpanzees, horseback safari in the Serengeti, luxury mobile camping. Mixing the Serengeti and the western reserves, these two weeks offer an exclusive immersion in Africa.
Arusha – Arrive to Tanzania
Your flight into Tanzania lands in the early evening, so this night is spent at a luxury lodge close to the airport. You'll be greeted at the airport by a local guide and transferred to your lodge in Arusha, where the location beneath the mountains provides a dreamy space to relax. Dinner at the lodge is included, and you'll quickly encounter the smiles and friendliness of the Tanzanians.
Day 2 - 3
Serengeti – Dramatic Big Game Safari on the Grasslands
Day 4 - 6
Grumeti Reserve – Exclusive Safari in the Serengeti
Day 7 - 8
Katavi National Park – Intimate Safari With Katavi's Huge Herds
Day 9 - 10
Katavi National Park – Walking Safari and Beautiful Remote Camping
Mahale Mountains National Park – Dhow Cruise Beneath the Forested Mountains
Day 12 - 13
Mahale Mountains National Park – Chimpanzee Trekking on the Mountain Trails
Kilimanjaro – Departure
- Find yourself surrounded by thousands upon thousands of wildebeest and zebra in the Serengeti
- Savor the exclusive side to the Serengeti with three nights in the western Grumeti Reserve, where guides take you off the trails on bush walks, nighttime drives, and horseback safari
- Be amazed at the size of buffalo and elephant herds in Katavi, just two of the wildlife highlights in this remote and rarely explored national park
- Continually encounter the dramatic clashes between predator and prey, from leopards stalking gazelle in the Serengeti to lions and buffalos clashing in Katavi
- Walk across the Katavi plains and enjoy two nights of beautiful remote camping, a chance to truly absorb the seductive wilderness of western Tanzania
- Enjoy two days tracking wild chimpanzees in the Mahale Mountains, admiring the sublime interactions of different troops
- Savor the serenity of western Tanzania with afternoon dhow cruises on Lake Tanganyika
- Fly between remote destinations in light aircraft, touching down on airstrips that are surrounded by the beauty of the wild
$14,555 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Juli D.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Danielle C.
Reviewed By Kelly S.
Reviewed By Jessica P.
Reviewed By Lori S.