Western Tanzania is where inaccessible parks provide a complete sense of wilderness on this 12-day safari adventure. A safari experience that is far from the tourist norm, you will track chimpanzees and ride horses on wildebeest-dappled plains and then settle in opulent lodges that overlook Africa's biggest buffalo herds. Combined with the iconic Serengeti, this safari provides a luxurious journey through the rarest of wildlife highlights to reveal Tanzania's untouched natural bounty.
Serengeti – Admiring the Endless Grass Plains
Your light aircraft will swoop into the Serengeti as wildebeest roam beneath the wingtips as you descend onto a remote airstrip. The panoramas are mystical as the grassland extends beyond the horizon in every direction. In one sense, every angle is the same, yet nothing is ever the same in the Serengeti as the plains change every moment of the day. Gaze out as the elephant and giraffe grace the horizon; another angle, and there are wildebeest on the move that canter along with a spray of dust. Twist around, and a sporadic clump of rocks appear to be a perfect lion base.
After landing at Kilimanjaro International Airport, transfer to a light aircraft for the flight into the Serengeti. Touch down and a spectacular game drive transfer will take you across the plains to reveal the iconic appeal of the landscape. It often takes the better part of a day to get your head around the scale of it all as the panoramas always flicker with subtle changes. Today is a flexible safari day, with a chance to relax at your luxury camp and explore at your leisure. While game drives take you closer, just being at the camp to gaze across the plains can be a wonderful safari introduction. Like every day on the itinerary, all meals and selected drinks are included.
Serengeti – Surrounded by Wildebeest and Predators
Serengeti – Hot Air Balloon Above the Iconic Herds
Day 4 - 5
Grumeti Game Reserve – Horse Riding and Walking Safari
Gombe National Park – Discovering the Thick Woodland
Day 7 - 8
Gombe National Park – Intimate Chimpanzee Tracking Safari
Katavi National Park – Untouched Wilderness of Western Tanzania
Day 10 - 11
Katavi National Park – An Exclusive and Escapist Safari in Katavi
Katavi National Park – Departure
- Cruise across the vast Serengeti grass plains to follow the trail of some two million mammals, including astonishing numbers of the big cats
- Savor expressive Serengeti panoramas by as you float over the wildebeest-dappled plains in a hot air balloon
- Enhance the intimacy of the Serengeti experience with two nights in the private Grumeti Reserve, where walking and horse riding safaris are imbued with both thrill and charm
- Track wild chimpanzees in the thick woodland of Gombe, some of the world's rarest primates found on exclusive trekking experiences
- Discover a wealth of primates that inhabit Gombe National Park, including many monkeys that swing past your luxury lodge
- Fully escape the crowds and soak up the opulence of Katavi National Park, an often inaccessible safari destination that's home to Africa's largest buffalo herds and some very boisterous hippos
- Fly between safari destinations in light aircraft for quick transfers to remote parks with dramatic views of the wild landscapes
$7,483 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on 358 reviews.
Reviewed By Jacqueline H.
Reviewed By Philip A.
Reviewed By Richard S.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By marion g.