Kruger blends all the classic ingredients for a first-time safari. Rugged adventure in the wilderness, luxurious camps overlooking the river, an abundance and diversity of wildlife, plus a range of different activities. This tailored itinerary captures all the inspiring experiences, enveloping you in nature's untamed realm. There are three days of intimate encounters in Balule, three days discovering Kruger's compelling scale and three days of unrivaled luxury safari in Sabi Sands.
Balule Nature Reserve – Relaxed Safari Welcomes
Land in Africa for the first time and there's always anticipation. All the photos, all the wildlife documentaries; is that what it's really like? Touch down and the mystique captivates, a savanna landscape stretching beyond the horizon. Look closely and nothing is still. An elephant roams alone through the bushwillow trees. Giraffes stand like sentinels to a lost world. Black dots create a patchwork; get closer and they become cinematic buffalo herds. Balule is home to all the revered African animals, making it an indelible place to start a safari. Within the first hour, the questions in your mind have been redefined. It's no longer “will I see this animal and that animal?” but rather, “how many times am I going to encounter them?”
After the short transfer from the airstrip, you check into your boutique bush lodge that combines iconic safari luxury with a pristine sense of the wild. Throughout the day, yours is a luxurious base where the safari never stops. Dip into the pool with a zebra herd grazing nearby. Lounge on your wooden verandah and watch life approach the waterhole. Then enjoy two activities a day, game drives and walking safaris that take you across the inspiring big five landscape of Balule. Sharing unfenced boundaries with Kruger National Park, this is a fabled home of all Africa's great mammals. Nothing is guaranteed on a safari. But if you came for the big five, there's a good chance of seeing them all here, every day.
Balule Nature Reserve – Thrilling Game Drives and the Big Five
Balule Nature Reserve – A Walking Safari Provides a New Angle
Kruger National Park – Following the Rhinos and Elephants
Kruger National Park – Diverse Kruger Ecosystems
Kruger National Park – Rugged Adventure in the Bush
Sabi Sands – Luxury Game Viewing
Sabi Sands – Nighttime Driving in the Bush
Sabi Sands – Completing the Safari Experience in Style
Sabi Sands – Departure
- Enjoy the complete safari experience, exploring three vastly different reserves and savoring a range of safari activities
- Discover all the famous animals of Africa and admire how they interact on the untamed landscapes of the Kruger; it's so much more than the big five
- Immerse yourself in the compact beauty of Balule, a haven for an abundant collection of Africa's great mammals
- Spend three days on a rugged adventure through the great scale of Kruger National Park, sleeping in different remote camps
- Lounge on a private verandah and watch the game wander past in the Sabi Sands, with a luxurious camp providing the elegant final safari stop
- Take an intimate walking safari through Balule, the interactive experience led by local tribal trackers
- Journey through Sabi Sands at night and discover a surreal nocturnal world
- Complement the daily safari activities with the serenity of sublime camps and lodges, then listen to the wild soundtrack echo through the night
$9,745 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 957 reviews.
Reviewed By Michele N.
Reviewed By Cassidy C.
Reviewed By Victoria Z.
Reviewed By SATHYANARAYANA S.
Reviewed By Jamuna D.
Reviewed By Glenn W.