Intimate and evocative, the wildlife of Rwanda is incomparable. Gorilla troops are hidden in the equatorial rainforest, lions and elephants are seen crossing the savannah while chimpanzees and endangered mangabeys are nestled in the forests of the Congo Basin. This grand Rwandan safari will explore both the world-famous highlights and the unknown destinations, taking in four national parks for a truly authentic Rwandan experience.
Kigali – A Captivating Day in the Capital City
Kigali will provide a gentle introduction to Rwanda as the compact and charming capital city is easy on the eyes and far from the bustle of other big cities in East Africa. You will be greeted at Kigali International Airport and spend the day exploring this captivating little city, starting with some of its flamboyant markets. Locals will greet you as stalls spill into the alleyways, smiles, and colors create a welcoming atmosphere, and it all makes for a great introduction to the positivity and enthusiasm of the Rwandan people. From here, you will visit the National Genocide Memorial, a poignant and contemplative insight into where the country came from, just over 20 years ago, and will evoke a real admiration for the country and its people.
Volcanoes National Park – Explore Rwanda’s History and Move Into the Rainforest
Volcanoes National Park – Trek the With Gorillas
Volcanoes National Park – Get to Know a Second Gorilla Troop
Kibuye – Explore Rwanda’s New National Park
Kibuye – Enjoy the Quiet Charms and the Islands of Lake Kivu
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Visit the Monkeys
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Trek for Chimpanzees
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Track for Primates
Akagera National Park – Take a Fabulous Aerial Safari
Akagera National Park – Journey on a Game Drive
Akagera National Park – See Rwanda’s Big Game
Kigali – Departure
- Spend an hour with the world’s largest primates on an enchanting gorilla trek in Volcanoes National Park
- Explore East Africa’s newest national park and find rare monkey species in the Gishwati-Mukura forests
- Game drive across the thrilling big-game savannah, coming face to face with elephants, lions, and hippos
- Go chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe Forest for an hour with some of Rwanda’s rare and endangered primates
- Discover the East African savannah from multiple perspectives with both walking and boat safaris in Akagera National Park
- Find out how every troop is different with a second gorilla trek in Volcanoes National Park with an opportunity to come within seven meters of these precious giants
- Relax on the shores of Lake Kivu and spend a day paddling out to its bird and bat-filled islands
- Take walks through the fabulous equatorial rainforest for journeys that bring intimate encounters with different monkeys, mangabeys, and an incredible assortment of exotic birdlife
- Uncover the real story behind Rwanda’s history with a day in the capital city of Kigali and contemplative visits to some of the country’s memorials
$8,315 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on 38 reviews.
Reviewed By Ken S.
Reviewed By Rick H.
Reviewed By Michele L.
Reviewed By Richard K.
Reviewed By Linda U.
Reviewed By Janet D.