Charming Rwanda has a captivation that knows no boundaries. Gorillas play amongst the mist of volcanic mountains, lions and hippos roam in the savannah, and verdant rainforests capture the exotic allure of another world. This country combines the evocative landscapes of both East Africa and Central Africa, creating an enchantment that stretches from chimpanzees to elephants, 700-strong monkey troops to flocks of rare birds. And all these natural highlights are wonderfully off the beaten track,...
Kigali – A Captivating Day in the Capital
Land in Kigali and you get an immediate sense of how remote and untouched Rwanda has been. This might be a capital city, but it feels much more like a village, with its boulevards rising and falling across green hills. You’ll also notice how quickly and thoroughly the country has recovered from the 1994 genocide. Roads are in perfect condition, people walk the streets throughout the day and night, and there isn’t even the smallest scrap of garbage (Rwanda has banned plastic bags). One evening in Kigali and you’ll realize that this is a nation almost on par with the West in regards to its infrastructure. Yet it’s also iconically African; women balancing baskets on their heads, vivid colors blending on the streets, and the big warmhearted smiles you’ll come to expect over this 11-day safari. You’ll be greeted at the airport, and it’s a short private transfer to your five-star hotel in the city center.
Nyungwe Forest Reserve – Rwanda’s History and the Serenity of the Rainforest
Day 3 - 4
Nyungwe Forest Reserve – Primate Safari and the Allure of Central African Rainforest
Volcanoes National Park – The Magic of Gorillas in the Mist
Day 6 - 7
Volcanoes National Park – Two Days of Intimate Gorilla Trekking
Akagera National Park – The Charm of the Rwanda Savanna
Day 9 - 10
Akagera National Park – Exclusive Big Game Safari in Rwanda
Akagera National Park to Kigali – Departure
- Spot some of the world’s rarest primates, from the enormous wild mountain gorillas to the grey-cheeked mangabeys, the similarities of chimpanzees to the strange L’Hoest’s monkey
- Experience the mystique of Central Africa with three nights in the thick rainforest of Nyungwe, where endangered primates and vibrant orchids cling to the ebony trees
- Explore Rwanda’s colorful history and celebrate its journey into the present by visiting a series of cultural sites on the road from Kigali to Nyungwe Forest
- Discover the East African savannah with a three-day safari in Akagera National Park, home to an enchanting collection of wildlife
- Admire the game from different angles as you combine game drives with boat safaris and a behind-the-scenes tour of the Akagera park headquarters
- Go gorilla trekking through the beautiful forests of Volcanoes National Park, then spend an hour with two different troops
- Going gorilla trekking twice helps you encounter the full array of behaviors, including playful infants and silverbacks beating their chests
$18,585 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.81 stars based on
Reviewed By Michael D.
Reviewed By nancy m.
Reviewed By Jill L.
Reviewed By David S.
Reviewed By rachel c.
Reviewed By Carol t.