Namibia bursts with adventure and is liberally smothered in a blanket of charm. Climb aboard and take a riveting self-drive journey through a nation of surreal landscapes and beguiling wilderness, an eclectic big game cast guiding you through deserts, mountains, and rugged savannah. Part authentic safari and part ethereal wilderness, this ultimate self-drive vacation unveils our planet’s great natural art gallery.
Windhoek - Rest and Relaxation
Namibia is a long way from home. And that’s part of the attraction. If it was close to the West it would never have stayed so authentic and untamed. After the flight you’ll be craving some recuperation time, and this is idyllically provided your charming boutique hotel nestled in a quiet neighborhood of Windhoek. You’ll be met at the airport by a representative who will ensure that you’re happy with your vehicle and ready to go. You’ll receive comprehensive maps and route instructions, along with direct contact numbers in case of emergency. During the evening, the rep is around to answer any questions you may have, as well as offering detailed advice and tips on driving in Namibia. Windhoek is the capital city by name, but it feels more like a rural village, the wide streets encircled by arid desert and distant mountains. Rest and soak up the tranquil atmosphere, before a leisurely evening of pampering and Windhoek’s cute restaurants.
Okonjima Game Reserve - Into Leopard Country
Okonjima Game Reserve - Onwards to Black Rhinos
Day 4 - 5
Etosha National Park - Ultimate Safari Drives
Etosha National Park - Himba Tribal Culture Immersion
Damaraland - Endless Adventure
Swakopmund - Cruising the Skeleton Coast
Day 9 - 10
Swakopmund - Soaking Up the Sand
Windhoek - Returning Through the Desert
Windhoek - Depart from Namibia
- Spend 12 days self-driving through a visual feast of the planet’s most surreal landscapes and untamed wildernesses
- Indulge in an eclectic abundance of Africa’s famed big game, the itinerary bringing four days of safari and close encounters with rhinos, leopards, lions, and the rest of the cast
- Drive along the evocative Skeleton Coast, a famed lost landscape filled with Cape fur seals and shipwrecks in the sand dunes
- Take unforgettable desert adventures in Swakopmund, the colonial oceanside town a tranquil base for sand boarding, micro flights, and getting lost in the dunes
- Explore the stunning topography of Damaraland, an epic expanse of mountains and desert providing two days of unending adventure
- Spend an afternoon with an iconic Himba tribe, the indigenous nomadic wanderers teaching you all about Namibian bush survival
- Indulge in a handcrafted collection of the continent’s finest locations, each luxury lodge coming with delightful impressions of space and tranquility
$5,635 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.98 stars based on 57 reviews.
Reviewed By marc m.
Reviewed By Eliezer B.
Reviewed By Adrianna M.
Reviewed By Margo M.
Reviewed By Michael B.
Reviewed By Dan M.