Southern Spain and Morocco have something of everything that entices the young and old with a brilliant mix of adventure, culture, history, and escapism. Perfectly handcrafted for families, this 16-day tour explores a little of each attraction that makes these destinations so unique. From learning the flamenco to Berber traditions and relaxed days on the coast to exciting days in old cities, you’ll travel to Seville, Ronda, Granada, then onwards to Marrakech, Essaouira, and sublime mountain oases.
Seville – Settling Into the Beautiful Old City
There will be something magical about landing in Seville, an old city that basks in the sunny south of Spain. The streets are welcoming and energized by a gregarious local culture. Treasures mark most of the corners, evidence of a history that includes more than the Moors and the Conquistadors. You’re welcomed at the airport and transferred to a hotel in the heart of the old quarter. The guide will stay with you for a welcome drink to introduce you to the city and the activities planned during your time in Seville. This first day will be at your leisure and there’s a delightful atmosphere on the streets around your hotel. In the evening you’ll recognize how important family is to Spanish culture since local families dominate the plazas and terraces, which will quickly make your own family feel at home.
Seville – Walking the Old Quarters and Learning the Flamenco
Seville – Star Wars Movie Locations and Andalusian Traditions
Ronda – An Escapist White Village in the Hills
Granada – The Enchantment of an Artistic City and Civilization
Granada – Family Adventure in the City of the Moors
Granada – Relaxing in the Arab Baths and Tapas Crawl
Marrakech – First Impressions of Morocco
Marrakech – Exploring a City for all the Senses
Aroumd – Discovering Traditional Village Life
Day 11 - 12
Zaouit Ifergane – An Oasis for the Family and Local Activities
Day 13 - 14
Essaouira – Relaxing on the Coast and a Camel Adventure
Marrakech – Listening to the Storytellers and Watching the Snake Charmers
Marrakech – Departure
- Enjoy an intimate understanding of unique destinations, told through activities as diverse as tapas crawls and village craftsmanship
- Learn the flamenco as a family then enjoy a performance at one of Andalusia’s most historic venues
- Discover the history and culture of seductive old cities, comparing the experiences as you travel to Seville, Granada, and Marrakech
- Escape into beautiful old villages from the past, like Ronda in Andalusia and the oases of Aroumd and Zaouit Ifergane
- Tailor the adventure to your family, with options for rafting, jewelry making, bread cooking, and learning the secrets of the tannery
- Try some of the traditions and learn about many more, everything from bullfighting to camel rides over the sand dunes included on this family itinerary
- Enjoy private tours throughout as insider knowledge enables you to avoid the crowds and tailor each day to personal interests
- Take a walk through some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and settings, the souks of Marrakech and Granada’s Alhambra just two examples where the whole family is inspired
- Connect with local cultures, like listening to the storytellers at Djemaa el-Fna and an Arab hammam, but also discover something more global, such as a Star Wars filming location in Seville
Southern Spain and Morocco welcome the family that wants to discover. The destinations are diverse, the activities can suit different moods, and there’s an authenticity that makes the vacation feel like an adventure. This is where you will explore as a family and satisfy the interests of young and old. There will be exciting adventures for all ages, including a plaza from Star Wars, learning flamenco, days on the coast, camel rides, rafting, discovering life in a village and exploring some of the world’s great city architecture. Mixing relaxed family time with exploration, this exclusive itinerary has been handcrafted with everyone in mind. You will journey to a variety of destinations, each with their own memorable style and substance. Private guides lead the way and their insider knowledge enables a large degree of local customization, ensuring that everyone in the family can enjoy something that suits their mood and interests.
On this tour, you will journey from Southern Spain to Morocco. Seville has energy, a majestic old city that keeps you on your toes while showcasing the beauty of tradition and history. You’ll discover flamenco, trace Christopher Columbus’s story (he is buried in the city), see where Star Wars was filmed and enjoy the welcoming family atmosphere of Andalusia. Spend a night in the white hilltop village of Ronda on route to Granada, one of the great artistic cities and a superb opportunity to explore local culture. From the Alhambra to the hammam, tapas to outdoor adventure, this time will help to cultivate your own sense of adventure.
From nearby Malaga you fly to Casablanca, where you’re welcomed into Morocco at one of the world’s largest mosques, which will be an eye-opening experience for all. Then, travel along the coast to Marrakech, the proverbial feast for the senses and a place where everyone can try out their own crafts. The remainder of your trip will be wonderfully quiet, first at the oases of Aroumd and Zaouit Ifergane, then on the coast at the whitewashed town of Essaouira. There’s still time to return for a final evening in Marrakech, where the storytellers narrate their own tale of family and folklore. Travel time has been minimized throughout the tour and your hotels have been chosen for quality and location, mostly in pedestrianized areas within easy walking distance to many attractions and restaurants.
$4,827 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.82 stars based on
Reviewed By Michael A.
Reviewed By Vinay P.
Reviewed By Lalita P.
Reviewed By Mark C.
Reviewed By Larry H.
Reviewed By Matt D.