While many people travel to Spain and Morocco for their impressive monuments, on this 12-day tour you will experience the vibrant culture of these two soulful countries. Both will whisk you away on a blanket of enchantment as they reveal the legacies of history and the poignancy of today. With six days in each country, this best-of luxury tour is a celebration of the styles and the surreal atmospheres of Spain and Morocco, which features private guides and handpicked accommodation throughout Madrid,...
Madrid – A Culinary Introduction to a Luxury Tour
Upon your arrival in Madrid, as you wander the charming and charismatic streets, it will be hard to believe that you are in a capital city. Strangers greet each other, small establishments know their guests by name, and the sounds of chatter and clinking glasses far outweigh any traffic. Parts of the Spanish capital feel like a village, as their gregarious makeup is quick to make an impression on visitors. However, these streets also have the vibrant advantages of a city. Aromas of garlic and olive oil emanate from the taverns, great menus of wine are available by the glass, and dishes are created by the country’s top chefs.
Your driver will meet you at the airport and escort you to your Central Madrid hotel that blends vintage design with contemporary luxury. After you settle into your hotel, you will discover that the city is a culinary paradise. The classic way to discover it all is on a tapas crawl, a Madrileno ritual that isn’t just about what you eat and drink. As you join the locals on these old narrow streets, you will get an immediate sense of what Madrid is all about, from the architecture to the atmosphere. Led by a local guide, the tapas crawl allows for a relaxed introduction to the city. End your night with a casual stroll to your centrally located hotel, which is accessible on foot, while also providing a peaceful setting for returning to after the evening of tapas and wine.
Madrid – The Spanish Masters and the Opulence of Empire
Seville – Colorful Streets and Old-World Icons
Seville – Getting Lost in the City and an Evening of Traditional Flamenco
Granada – Discovering the Moorish Pueblos Blancos
Granada – The Untrammeled Artistry of the Alhambra and Other Granada Highlights
Marrakesh – First Impressions of Morocco
Marrakesh – Souks, Spices and the Soul of the Past
Marrakesh – The Redolent Atmosphere of an Iconic City
High Atlas Mountains – Exploring Traditional Berber Villages and a Night of Pure Tranquility
High Atlas Mountains – Hiking Spectacular Landscapes and the Serenity of the Moroccan Mountains
Marrakesh – Departure
- Be enchanted by the legacy of the Moors as Granada’s Alhambra is a majestic show of artistry and the Pueblos Blancos offers insight into village charm
- Admire the opulence of old empires in Madrid and Seville, where fabulous 16th-century architecture continues to dominate both cities
- Escape into the tranquility of a Berber-style retreat in the High Atlas, a mountain range that arouses all the senses
- Taste your way through Spain and Morocco as you partake in a tapas crawl in Madrid and sample the food stalls of Marrakesh
- Explore the seductive atmosphere of Morocco’s cities, where mazy souks are alive with spicy fragrances and rhythmic sounds
- Understand more of the history with local insider guides who will also show you where to dine and discover
- Savor some of the region’s finest accommodations where each handpicked hotel or villa reflects the style of its surroundings
- Travel efficiently between destinations in order to maximize your exploration time, with a mix of high-speed trains, flights, and road transfers
$10,915 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Damian A.
Reviewed By Mehee C.
Reviewed By Emily W.
Reviewed By Lomesh S.
Reviewed By Maxine L.
Reviewed By Aliza S.