Bask in East Africa’s timeless beauty on your 12-day Uganda and Kenya highlights safari. Enjoy encounters with wild chimpanzees and grazing zebra herds. Trek the misty mountains for gorilla sightings. Witness elephants wandering beneath the silhouette of Mount Kilimanjaro. Whether finding the famous Big Five or lounging in a luxury lodge, you will discover the wilderness with a mix of game drives, guided bush walks, boat tours, and aerial views.
Nairobi – Leisurely Layover in the Capital
Welcome to Nairobi, where giraffe and elephants can be seen on the plains beneath the city backdrop. Buildings rise high in the distance, and wild mammals are spotted roaming the grasslands, buffalo among those juxtaposed with the lights of the city. It is an indication of the land’s history when rhinos and lions were sometimes spotted in the streets. It is also an introduction to how wildlife is integral to everything in Kenya. No other country has preserved its landscape so well, more than a million large wild mammals freely roaming across plains and forests. Your hotel has the legendary Nairobi view, the contrast between wild and urban seen directly from your balcony. You will be greeted at the airport for the transfer, and dinner at the hotel will be included. The hotel is also ideally situated for tomorrow’s departure, just a five-minute transfer to the domestic airport.
Amboseli National Park – Elephants and Giraffes
Amboseli National Park – Wild and Intimate First Safari Impressions
Day 4 - 5
Mara North Conservancy – On the Trail of the Big Cats
Masai Mara National Reserve – Hot Air Ballooning
Nairobi to Entebbe – Charms and History
Queen Elizabeth National Park – River Safari
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Tracking Chimpanzees on Foot
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – Beautiful Drive Through Rural Uganda
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – Exquisite Gorilla Trekking
Entebbe – Departure
- Trek through an untouched rainforest and spend an hour with a wild mountain gorilla troop, enjoying all their intimacies and interactions
- Explore the remote forests of Uganda and spend an hour with a wild troop of chimpanzees, an exceptionally personal and profound experience
- Soar across the Mara in a hot air balloon and spend a leisurely day watching the drama along the Mara River
- Focus on the famous big cats, finding them climbing trees in Queen Elizabeth National Park and stalking prey in the Masai Mara
- Surround yourself with wildebeest and zebra herds in the Masai Mara, staying in a private conservancy that enhances the exclusivity of the experience
- Savor one of Africa’s most enduring images, a safari in Amboseli showing elephants and giraffes roaming beneath the frame of Mount Kilimanjaro
- Fly between safari destinations by light aircraft, ensuring you maximize your time on safari and enjoy sublime landscapes from the ultimate vantage point
- Combine the full range of big-game safari activities, where game drives are complemented by thrilling game walks and languid boat safaris past the hippos
- Understand more about Uganda with easy cultural encounters, including an afternoon in Colonial Entebbe and a day driving through the rural villages of the west
$11,755 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 18 reviews.
Reviewed By Christine D.
Reviewed By Jackie M.
Reviewed By Jose A.
Reviewed By Jessica H.
Reviewed By patricia P.
Reviewed By David S.