Nestled between Panama and Nicaragua, Costa Rica presents visitors with an abundance of adventure as well as modern comforts, and this 16-day tour has been handcrafted to deliver plenty of both. Throughout this trip, you will enjoy the charms of this unique corner of Central America. From the heights of Mt. Arenal to the shores of Tortuguero National Park, active explorations will ensure that you see and experience everything you desire.
San Jose – A Tropical Paradise
There is perhaps no better ambassador for the beauty and charm of Costa Rica than its capital of San Jose. Nestled in the lush mountains of central Costa Rica, San Jose regularly attracts visitors with its colorful neighborhoods, stunning museums and galleries, and rich culture. Upon your arrival at San Jose's main international airport, a transfer will be waiting to convey you into the heart of this vibrant city to embark on your two-week tour of the best of Costa Rica.
San Jose – Strolling Through History
Tortuguero – Arriving on the Caribbean Coast
Tortuguero – In Search of Sea Turtles
La Fortuna – At the Foot of an Active Volcano
La Fortuna – Soaring Through the Jungle
La Fortuna – A Land Teeming with Life
Monteverde – Arriving in the Cloud Forest
Monteverde – Costa Rican Commodities
Piedras Blancas National Park – Gateway to Adventure
Piedras Blancas National Park – A Day of Leisure
Piedras Blancas National Park – Hidden Waterfalls
Piedras Blancas National Park – Paddling Through Paradise
Piedras Blancas National Park – Reclining in Ambient Beauty
Piedras Blancas National Park – A Snorkeling Adventure
Piedras Blancas National Park – Departure
- Set off in search of the sea turtles of Tortuguero National Park with a local guide who will lead you along the beach to quietly observe their nesting grounds
- Amble along the iconic lanes and alleys of Costa Rica's capital city to enjoy the charm and history of San Jose
- Survey the stunning exhibits and galleries of the Gold and Jade museums in San Jose to view Costa Rica's abundant legacy
- Scale the slopes of an active volcano during a visit to Mt. Arenal and witness the unique blend of ancient lava flows and lush rainforest
- Soar through the jungle on a zip-line tour of the region's flora and fauna and enjoy a bird's-eye view of the landscape of Mt. Arenal National Park
- Plunge into the Tilaran mountain range in search of the cloud forests and explore the region's unparalleled topography and native species
- Savor a tour of active coffee and chocolate plantations to learn about the traditions and uses of these delicious products
- Stretch your legs along the stunning seaside setting of the Piedras Blancas National Park
- Recline in the ambient beauty of Nicuesa Beach, which is only steps from your accommodations and an excellent place to bask in the sun
- Embark on a trek through a national park in search of secret waterfalls with a charming guide who is well-versed in the local landscape
$3,035 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.97 stars based on 40 reviews.
Reviewed By Zahra V.
Reviewed By raatha k.
Reviewed By Mark R.
Reviewed By Spencer H.
Reviewed By WIlliam D.
Reviewed By Barbara H.