You don’t have to be a kid to have fun like one, and this active and adventurous 8-day family vacation is hand tailored to ensure everyone has a fantastic time. Peer into the depths of an active volcano, soar through the rainforest and feel the wind rush against your cheeks. Search for monkeys and watch turtles hatch from their nests, and see that nature brings no shortage of sights to see and fun to have. Experience Costa Rica as a family and find the adventure you have all been waiting for.
San Jose – Fun and Family
San Jose is a city built on history and culture. Mountains encircle the capital and offer a remarkable skyline in every direction. The Central Valley Region rises in the undulating tropical mountain plateau 3,840 feet above sea level. As your flight descends you can see the endless greenery carpeting the far reaches of the fabulous landscape. Your transfer will meets you at the airport and soon you are relaxing in the gardens of a refurbished colonial mansion hotel. Palm trees offer shade and the view to the mountainside is peaceful and elegant. The city streets bustle with activity.
Locals stroll along Avenida Central and the Central Market is rich with over 200 shops and stalls. The market was constructed in the late 19th century and continues to be a center for shopping, from vibrant tropical fruits that bring a zesty citrus to the atmosphere, to sports shops that offer soccer jerseys of celebrated Costa Rican players. Central Park brims with children playing soccer. Neighborhoods are decorated with murals that capture the everyday life of the people. The colors encompass the same jovial vivaciousness as the life it imitates. The cultures from around the country convene in San Jose to create a city unlike anywhere else in the world. When the family comes together you can find fun around every corner and the distinct splendor of Costa Rica’s capital.
Tortuguero – The Joy of Adventure
Tortuguero – Defining Waters
Tortuguero – Tremendous Turtles
Arenal – A Blast of a Time
Arenal – Together in the Trees
Vara Blanca – Everlasting Fun
San Jose – Another Day Together
- View the Caribbean shores and turtle hatchlings from April to November
- Witness the combination of power and beauty at Arenal and Poas Volcanoes
- Fly through the trees on a zip line tour of the rainforest canopy
- Explore the waterways of a jungle landscape in search of remarkable wildlife
- Trek around national parks to see the lava fields and rainforests
- Spend time with the family adventuring through the ineffable countryside
- Enjoy a tour on hanging bridges with a naturalist guide who will help to point out the flora and fauna
- Take time to indulge in the relaxing and rejuvenating hot springs around Arenal
$2,795 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on 412 reviews.
Reviewed By CHARLES C.
Reviewed By howard s.
Reviewed By Robert H.
Reviewed By Cindy C.
Reviewed By Tom M.
Reviewed By Melanie C.