Yellow-billed oxpeckers lining a buffalo's back, long-crested eagles soaring above elephant herds, a chirping cisticola adding treble to a lion's loud roar are all scenes that will take in on this 14-day safari itinerary. The Okavango is not merely Africa's finest bird-watching destination will provide an evocative mix of big game alongside the many winged creatures. Visiting four distinctive regions, your specialist bird-watching safari will unravel the beauty and complexity of Africa's...
Maun – Relaxed Evening on the Thamalakane River
Arrive in Maun and relax, spending your afternoon on the banks of the Thamalakane River to absorb the beauty of your surroundings. You will be greeted at the airport for a short transfer to your luxurious riverfront lodge, an ideal place to recuperate from your flight before your bird-watching safari begins. There are likely to be a few early introductions to the country's birdlife, especially as a sumptuous dinner is served as the majestic African sun disappears from the sky.
Moremi Game Reserve – The Birds of Xakanaxa
Day 3 - 4
Moremi Game Reserve – Exploring the Lush Waterways of the Okavango
Khwai Concession – Game Drive Encountering Okavango's Mammals
Day 6 - 7
Khwai Concession – The Endemic Beauty of the Okavango
Savuti Channel – Elephants and Rare Birds of the Woodland
Day 9 - 10
Savuti Channel – Exploring the Splendor of the Savuti Marsh and Woodlands
Day 11 - 13
Chobe National Park – Bird Watching and Game Viewing in Chobe
Johannesburg – Departure
- Explore Africa's finest wetlands and surround yourself with spectacular water birds, their exotic wings fluttering above a mosaic of lagoons and channels
- Discover the Okavango on walking safaris and in traditional mokoro canoes, the silent travel bringing intimacy with hundreds of bird species including the pink-throated longclaw, the greater swamp warbler, the red-headed quelea, pygmy goose and white-crowned plover
- Immerse yourself in big game country and encounter many of Africa's most revered mammals, including the world's largest elephant collection, packs of rare wild dogs, and an unbelievable abundance of hippos
- Explore the final refuges of endangered wattled cranes and the slaty egret, along with swamps that provide paradise for Pel's fishing owls
- Spend several days in the Savuti Channel, where habitats collide and a colorful array of life flutters above the swamps
- Enjoy over 450 species of bird in Chobe National Park and expect to see over 200 of these during your time spent in the northern areas of the park
- Discover the Okavango and northern Botswana with a flexible program of activities, combining walking safaris and boat cruises with bird-watching drives
$8,815 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By SATHYANARAYANA S.
Reviewed By Paul R.
Reviewed By Danijela Z.
Reviewed By Sarah S.
Reviewed By Patrick S.