From gorillas in the mist to lions on the savannah, Rwanda is packed with unique wildlife highlights. Meet the legendary animals of the East African grasslands, track chimpanzees in the Congo Basin, boat past the hippos of the swamp, and find golden monkeys and 600-strong troops of colobus monkeys deep in the forest. This tiny, compact country combines the safari highlights of East and Central Africa, creating a wildlife intimacy that rivals any other place on the planet.
Kigali – Relaxing in Rwanda’s Colorful Capital
Kigali always comes as a surprise, feeling as much like Paris as it does East Africa. Broad boulevards are lined by elegant trees, architecture reveals a stylistic grace, and the cleanliness is always remarked upon by first-time visitors. Touch down in the capital city, and you will first transfer to a five-star hotel in the city, one with idyllic views over the hills. During the afternoon, you explore the city on a guided tour, stopping first at a vibrant local market, then listening to the stories in the National Genocide Memorial. Kigali is the perfect introduction to Rwanda, telling a tale of where the country has come from while celebrating the enthusiasm of the present. This country doesn’t look back, and there is an authenticity that you will come to love over the next 11 days.
Volcanoes National Park – Into the Famous Canopy
Volcanoes National Park – The First Unforgettable Gorilla Trek
Volcanoes National Park – Second Unforgettable Gorilla Trek
Nyungwe Forest National Park – The Charming Road Across the Land of 1,000 Hills
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Exhilarating Chimpanzee Trekking
Nyungwe Forest National Park – The Mystical Monkey World of the Congo Basin
Akagera National Park – Aerial Safari Across Rwanda
Akagera National Park – Big Game of the Iconic Grasslands
Akagera National Park – Exploring Swamps and Savannah in Eastern Rwanda
Akagera National Park to Kigali – Departure
- Journey into the misty forest and spend an hour with an inspiring gorilla troop
- Explore the atmosphere of the Congo Basin and encounter around a quarter of Africa’s primate species in Nyungwe Forest, including 600-strong troops of colobus monkeys
- Game drive across iconic East African grasslands, where lions chase after a wonderfully diverse cast of antelopes
- Trek through Volcanoes National Park a second time on another gorilla trekking experience
- Discover the depths of Nyungwe Forest, passing extravagant flora en route to an hour with a troop of wild chimpanzees
- Boat across the Akagera lakes and walk over the Rwandan savannah, enjoying intimate encounters with Africa’s famous big game
- Admire the Land of 1,000 Hills from the land and the air, with a day driving across the hills and an aerial safari above the forests
- Spend a day with researchers and conservationists in Akagera National Park, going behind the scenes to understand how such unique wilderness is preserved
$6,705 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.83 stars based on 36 reviews.
Reviewed By Ken S.
Reviewed By Michele L.
Reviewed By Linda U.
Reviewed By Janet D.
Reviewed By Penelope P.
Reviewed By Margo M.