A Rwandan adventure takes you into a land that rarely sees Western eyes, from gorilla troops to volcanic peaks, chimpanzees to Intore dance ceremonies. Handcrafted for active travelers, this 11-day Rwanda safari itinerary connects the country’s famous and unknown highlights, including four days following the Congo Nile Trail by bicycle and kayak. It is more than a journey into an untouched world; it is a connection with a culture and a country that is as charming as it is unique.
Volcanoes National Park – First Night in the Forest
Touch down in Kigali, and it is a two-hour onward transfer, a journey that weaves through the Land of 1,000 Hills, ascending across a landscape that went unseen by Western eyes until after Germany declared it was their colony. They had never set foot here; such is the density of the forests and the remoteness of the hills. Fast forward, and the country’s infrastructure exceeds any other country in East Africa, with excellent roads making for a seamless journey to Volcanoes National Park. Check into the lodge, and the evening is at your leisure, allowing for time to sit back and enjoy the view of mist floating around the forest.
Volcanoes National Park – Trekking to the Gorillas
Volcanoes National Park – Summiting the Bisoke Volcano
Gisenyi – Finding the Golden Monkeys and Lake Kivu
Day 5 - 8
Kibuye – Cycling and Kayaking the Congo Nile Trail
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Relaxing Day
Nyungwe Forest National Park – Trekking with Chimpanzees
Kigali – Departure
- Trek into the depths of the equatorial forest to find a unique troop of wild mountain gorillas
- Summit the postcard-perfect Bisoke Volcano, a six-hour return hike that takes you high above Volcanoes National Park to remarkable crater lakes
- Search for golden monkeys in the forest, just one of many primates you will see over the 11 days
- Spend four days cycling and kayaking the Congo Nile Trail, a beautiful stretch of rural Rwanda along the shores of Lake Kivu, where every moment is an insight into a land rarely seen by Westerners
- Connect with local culture on a four-day expedition, including the rare chance to see an Intore dance ceremony
- Go chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe Forest National Park, spending an hour with a habituated troop
$9,719 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.82 stars based on
Reviewed By Darrel P.
Reviewed By Dennis H.
Reviewed By David S.
Reviewed By Michael D.
Reviewed By rachel c.
Reviewed By Jill L.