Travel is as much about the journey as it is the destination, and that is the mantra for this charming 11-day Ugandan safari. Spend seven days on horseback to ride through the rich landscapes of the River Nile and Lake Victoria, and then canter through the rural charms of the country. Explore next on two feet as you trek through the wild rainforest to find mountain gorilla troops. Every moment will be blissful and yet there is a thrill to each step you take in Uganda as it is a country untouched...
Jinja – First Horse Ride Along the Nile
Arrive in Jinja and the colors of Uganda will immediately impress. The red tones of the earth flood your eyes with a redolent and raw tone that clings to the bottom of your shoes and rises in wisps as you canter along. You are next taken in by the greens as a thousand contrasting tones swirl across the rising hills. Next the mighty River Nile as it dissects the landscape with a deep blue. These colors collide to create a dreamy panorama and one that symbolizes a country mostly untouched by modernity.
It will feel as if you are in the heart of Africa, setting off on a journey like those of early explorers. That will certainly be your feeling as you are on horseback, trotting along the River Nile and becoming accustomed to your horses. After landing at Entebbe International, you will be greeted and transferred to the town of Jinja, a two-hour journey that will be followed by a sumptuous lunch. You will then meet your horses and take your first exploratory ride with a journey through Uganda's colors and rural atmosphere. Return to your lodge and spend your evening cruising along the River Nile, with drinks served as the water glistens gold in the sunset light.
Jinja – Exploring the Lush Landscapes of Lake Victoria
Mabira Forest – Through Plantations and Villages
Mabira Forest – Rare Forest Primates Spotted From Horseback
Jinja – Through Tea Plantations and Jungle Terrain
Jinja – White-Water Rafting on the Nile
Jinja – Riding Along the Nile to a Hidden Island
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Arriving in the Misty Rainforest
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Uganda's Gorilla Trekking
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Second Uganda Gorilla Trek
Entebbe – Departure
- Savor one of the world's most intimate wildlife experiences as you gorilla trek twice in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Explore the lush beauty of Uganda on a 7-day horse riding expedition along the River Nile and Lake Victoria
- Trek through virgin rainforest to a mountain gorilla troop, spend an hour admiring their life and behavior
- Ride along the famous river and take the horses swimming to a remote island and spend a night in the heart of the Nile
- Visit two gorilla troops that will bring you a detailed perspective on the world's largest primates
- Explore the thick forests as you ride your horse through regions that are alive with unusual monkeys, including the rare grey-cheeked mangabey
- Cross the lavish landscapes of Uganda on horseback to wind through tea plantations, remote villages, and a rural world untouched by modernity
- Feel the thrills of the River Nile with a day of white water rafting
$14,152 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Paul G.
Reviewed By Jan P.
Reviewed By Dennis H.
Reviewed By Daniel S.
Reviewed By Robert H.
Reviewed By Joe R.