Explore over 5,000 years of history on this 12-day Scotland tour for seniors. From the wild Orkney Islands to royal Edinburgh, travel with a historian guide to discover neolithic remains, medieval towns, and the wondrous landscapes for which Scotland is famous. This is a slow-paced tour that includes many iconic highlights, such as whisky tasting, castles, Viking times, and coastlines.
Orkney Islands – Scottish Wilderness Impressions
After flying to Edinburgh, you will switch planes for the short jaunt to the Orkney Islands. After landing in Kirkwall, you will be met by your local guide for a short transfer to your hotel in the islands’ capital. Nothing will be planned for today. Your guide will go over the itinerary in more depth and explain different options for the next few days. Then, you can indulge in a welcome dinner and get your first dose of Scottish hospitality.
Orkney Islands – Scotland’s Ancient Past
Thurso – Neolithic Wonder and Vikings
Ullapool – The Incredible Scottish West Coast
Inverness – Lochs and Highland Beauty
Pitlochry – Whisky and Bronze Age Remains
St. Andrews – The Ancient Kingdom of Fife
St. Andrews – The Best of St. Andrews
Stirling – Renaissance Stirling Castle
Edinburgh – Exploring Edinburgh
Edinburgh – Free Day in the Capital
Edinburgh – Departure
- Immerse yourself in the wild wonder of remote Scotland with two days on the Orkney Islands
- Uncover Scotland’s neolithic past by visiting many of the country’s finest old sites, including a chambered tomb that is marked by Viking graffiti
- Explore the very best of Edinburgh on a private tour, including the castle and Royal Mile backstreets
- Relax in St Andrews, which is an old-world town that is surrounded by the ancient kingdom of Fife
- Spend an evening at the home of whisky and meet the distillers on a private tasting tour
- Discover Scotland’s most magnificent scenery along the West Coast and in the Highlands
- Compare the centuries as you travel from the untouched 18th-century Culross town to Stirling Castle
- Travel with an expert historian and at your pace with the program being tailored to your energy and interests each day
$3,739 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.87 stars based on 347 reviews.
Reviewed By Mary E.
Reviewed By Kathy P.
Reviewed By Lynn M.
Reviewed By Jackie W.
Reviewed By Sherry D.
Reviewed By Toni D.