A destination of discovery, with classic cities, dramatic landscapes, and sites representing a rich past. This is what you will find on this 9-Day Food, Wine, and Culture in Portugal tour. Enjoy the dramatic interior of Porto’s Se Catedral, bohemian Lisbon neighborhoods, the castle walls of Obidos, and the magnificent wine region along the Douro River, biting into flavors of traditional Sintra queijada or Belem’s pasteis de nata to embrace delectable Portugal.
Porto - Discover a Splendid UNESCO World Heritage Site
A city so historically significant it was recognized by UNESCO, every road in picturesque Porto unveils an archeological gem, the towering Romanesque Porto Cathedral a magnificent example. Step inside and immediately recognize the contrasting textures of the bright, domed, marble ceiling and the organ’s steel pipes climbing the walls. Columns within columns are decorated with wrap-around wreaths and bold yet subtle marble figurines of angels and prophets. Discover the bold Sao Bento Railway Station, with each interior wall depicting the tale of the Battle of Arcos de Valdevez, stories laid out in precise blue and white tiles, while a colorful band forms a strip just below the ceiling to regale the power and pride of King Joao I.
Porto - Wind Your Way Through the Douro Valley
Evora - Experience Medieval Charm En Route to Evora
Evora - Taste the Secret Flavors of Evora
Evora - Sip and Savor the Wine Varieties in Alentejo
Lisbon - Capture the Beauty of Breathtaking Setubal Peninsula
Lisbon - Wander Bohemian and Bold Neighborhoods of Lisbon
Lisbon - Feel the Romance of Charming Sintra
Lisbon - Enjoy One Last Look Before Flying Onwards
- Wander the walled city of Obidos, admiring the splash of pink of bougainvillea covering white-washed walls.
- Visit the picturesque and hauntingly dramatic cathedral in Porto and learn of kings and prominent men through tales told in tiles on the famous Sao Bento Railway Station
- Weave your way along the Douro River and capture the scenic beauty of the vineyards flanking the body of water
- Savor the taste of Evora as you bite into the Alentejo smoky sausage and smooth Evora DOP cheese.
- Enjoy classic Alentejo red wines, fruit-forward, floral, and served in wineries set on large plots of land, surrounded by vineyards.
- Soak up scenes of a turquoise ocean as it laps against pristine white-sand beaches along the Setubal Peninsula
- Walk the bohemian neighborhood of Alfama and delight in a pasteis de nata or two in the popular neighborhood of Belem
- Take some time out to discover charming Sintra, with its Pena Palace a highlight of any visit to this picturesque town
$2,155 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.99 stars based on
Reviewed By Margaret W.
Reviewed By Catherine B.
Reviewed By Gayle L.
Reviewed By Andrea L.
Reviewed By Anne B.
Reviewed By George M.