Not too long after you announced your vows to each other, follow Bilbo Baggins and his dwarf companions through the breathtaking and tumultuous beauty of the real Middle Earth on this 9-day honeymoon adventure of New Zealand’s North and South Islands. From the lush valleys and emerald rivers, to the monstrous mountaintops, join the famous hobbit adventure through the real Middle Earth, found in indelible New Zealand.
Auckland – The City of Sails
Today you arrive in Auckland ready for an unforgettable adventure through New Zealand’s, rightfully, famous terrain. As you walk along the city’s edge the opulent water is calm from the sand’s edge to the horizon. The various harbors decorate the shoreline giving Auckland its nickname the “City of Sails.” Boats fill the vast ocean, their sails raised tall in the open sky catching the wind, gliding along the water, the welcoming scent of the cold sea rising in the air. The water splashes around the speeding boats, including some yachts used in the America’s Cup races. As the sun sets over the western shore you will settle in to a dining experience that everyone, including a hobbit, can enjoy.
Matamata – In a Hole in the Ground there Lived a Hobbit
Tongariro – Must Have the Precious
Wellington – Far Over the Misty Mountains
Wellington – My Armor Is Like Tenfold Shields
Queenstown – Other-Worldly Middle Earth
Queenstown – Adventurous Spirit
Twizel – Over the Edge of the Wild Now
Christchurch – Even Dragons Have Their Endings
- Wander the same path as Bilbo Baggins on his greatest adventure
- Visit the incredible Weta Workshop and the Miramar District
- Enjoy a tour with an actor who played one of the dwarves in The Hobbit film
- Traverse the Waitomo Caves where Gollum could be hiding
- See the stunning volcanic plateaus of Mount Ruapehu and Mount Nguaruhoe
- Travel through the red-earth region of Otago
- Experience the incredible scenery of Twizel
- Visit the location of the actual shire at Hobbiton
$4,045 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Frances S.
Reviewed By Jared R.
Reviewed By AJAY C.
Reviewed By Tim F.
Reviewed By Dan H.
Reviewed By Lara B.