This 12-day trip is designed for those who have lived long enough to know what they like, and this theme will remain constant from the very moment you step into the living masterpiece of Italy. There is something about the Mediterranean world that values leisure more than other countries of the Western world. Attend a concert that displays the musical genius of Vivaldi, partake in a private cooking course, indulge in a boat tour of the Amalfi Coast.
Venice – Orientation by Gondola
The winding alleys and watery corridors of Venice will be your playground for the first leg of your 12-day Italy tour. Upon arrival, you will be transferred by private car and then a water taxi to ensure your rapid transfer to the city center and your luxurious accommodation. After settling in, a private gondola tour will help orient you to your new surroundings. A few steps from your accommodation, you will board a comfortable craft that will carry you through the city and introduce you to the major spots that you can later explore on foot.
Venice – Ponder Vivaldi’s Genius
Venice – Floating Tour of Venetian Villas
Florence – Tuscan Culinary Excellence
Florence – Ageless Splendor of the Old Town
Florence – The Largest Brick Dome in the World
Rome – A Roman Garden Reverie
Rome – The Vastness of St. Peter’s
Rome – Ramble Through Ancient Rome
Amalfi – Boutiques and Beaches
Amalfi – A Breathtaking Voyage
Amalfi – Departure
- Enjoy your first day in Venice on a private gondola tour of the city’s many waterways and bustling canals
- Savor the stringed melodies and musical genius of Vivaldi at a concert that will exhibit the talent that made this native son of Venice a world-class artist
- Bask in the rural charm of Veneto on a boat tour of the Brenta Riviera, which separates Padua from Venice and exhibits some of the regions most exquisite villas
- Roll up your sleeves during a cooking tour that is designed to introduce you to the proud tradition of Italian gastronomy and some of the secrets that make Tuscan cooking some of the best in the world
- Ramble through the red-roofed neighborhoods of Florence and lose yourself in the ageless splendor that inspires and uncovers the youth in all
- Wind up the narrow passages and carry you to the best view of Florence from the top of the Dome on a guided tour
- Step into the wonderful world of the Roman elite with a visit to the Villa Borghese, where you can wander the pristine gardens or marvel at the stunning artwork acquired by this famous Roman family
- Witness the stunning views of the Amalfi Coast on a private boat tour
Timeless is just one of many praises Italy receives. The country is a playground for those who have also stood the test of time. With a history that dates back to before Christianity with all the modern amenities a traveler could desire, now is the best time to indulge in the perfect combination of comfort and adventure.
This adventure will begin on the shores of the Adriatic sea and the bustling port of Venice. The city overgrew the Italian archipelago that supported it, and today, it has to rely on a series of pontoons, pilings, and piers to support the growing sprawl. Through musical performances, recommended attractions, and guided tours, you will uncover this idyllic setting and fall in love with a city that is home to over 400 bridges. Next, you will venture to Florence and immerse yourself in the culinary capital of the region. From wines to steak, Tuscany boasts quite a legacy of food and drink, and it is here that you will learn the secrets of the Italian kitchen. After tasting two of the country’s most vibrant cities, you will transfer to Rome. Finally, you will conclude your tour on the pristine shores of the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Amalfi Coast. Elevated to the status of UNESCO World Heritage Site, Amalfi sits at the midpoint of the coast that shares its name and presents visitors with world-class restaurants, beaches, and shopping. Whether reclining with a book, partaking in the subtle art of the haggle with a street vendor, you will truly enjoy your time here.
The early spring is the best time of year to book this tour because mild temperatures will have arrived but not the crowds. Summer can still be a great time to visit, but higher temperatures and crowds will flood public services and contribute to long lines at the top attractions. No matter when you arrive, you can rest assured that this tour will place your comfort above everything else.
$4,291 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Karen O.
Reviewed By Jennifer J.
Reviewed By Gerald N.
Reviewed By Jon S.
Reviewed By Pamela W.
Reviewed By Brock T.