Unspoiled adventure awaits those who travel to Italy, and this 12-day tour of Venice, Florence, Rome, and the Amalfi Coast was handcrafted to include the essential experiences that immerse you in the culture of this magical country. Explore the amphibious history of a once-thriving maritime republic in Venice, marvel at Renaissance artifacts in Florence, encounter the seat of political and spiritual power in Rome, and relax in Mediterranean splendor on the Amalfi Coast.
Venice – Through the City of Canals
By the time you cross the threshold into your comfortable accommodations, you will be ready to immerse yourself into this vibrant and timeless land. After you have had the chance to dust yourself off from your travels, you will step into a self-guided tour of the city. A few steps from your hotel, you can find the Piazza di San Marco or St. Mark’s Square, which is one of the few open spaces of the city. Adjacent to the square is the Basilica of the same name, which boasts an impressive array of domes, arches, and mosaics.
Venice – Private Boat Tour
Florence – The Jewel of Tuscany
Florence – Renaissance Tour
Florence – Cooking Course
Rome – Tour of Vatican City
Rome – Turn Back Time
Rome – All Things Ancient
Rome – A Historic Roman Spa
Amalfi – The Local Wine of Southern Italy
Amalfi – The Coast on Horseback
Amalfi – Departure
- Turn back the pages of time on a self-guided tour of Venice that will allow you to take in the city’s major attractions and ponder its tumultuous past
- Delight in the musical genius of Vivaldi with a quartet performance of his compositions and legacy in Venice
- Plunge into the artistic heritage of the Renaissance by visiting the world-class museums and galleries of Florence
- Create your own art during a cooking course that will teach you the secrets of pasta or the precise balance of sauce and dough that makes Italian pizza the best in the world
- Visit the regal magnificence of the Vatican and ramble through the stunning gardens, galleries, and chapels that adorn this sovereign state
- Recline in thermal comfort at a historic spa that features all that is best of Roman baths
- Survey the stunning vistas and trails of the Amalfi Coast on a tour of this charming countryside by horseback
This 12-day itinerary is designed to focus on some of Italy’s greatest experiences and locations. You will make your way from the floating neighborhoods of Venice to the rugged riviera of Amalfi and experience everything in between.
Your tour will begin in Venice. Here, you will enjoy views of the Grand Canal and St. Mark’s historic square in addition to a performance that demonstrates the musical brilliance of Antonio Vivaldi. Next, you will make your way to the sea and the region of Tuscany. Its capital of Florence will be your home for the next three nights. Here, you will visit world-class art galleries and partake in the illustrious traditions of Italian cooking.
In this atmosphere of cobblestone alleys that lead past magnificent palaces, you will explore the origins of the Renaissance and the unique blend of wealth and genius that was required to produce artwork like Michelangelo’s David. The following day, you will transfer to the Italian capital of Rome, where you will enjoy four days of the ancient world and a visit to the Vatican before finding indulgence in some Roman baths. Your series of landlocked destinations will end at the Amalfi coast, where you will visit one of the premier coastlines in the Mediterranean.
$4,291 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Jennifer J.
Reviewed By Karla R.
Reviewed By Karen O.
Reviewed By Jon S.
Reviewed By mark p.
Reviewed By Rachel A.