Whether trekking through the mountains of Amalfi or uncovering the mummified remains of an ancient Volcano, history fans of all stripes will find plenty that compels them on this historically inspired 11-day Italy tour. Destinations include Venice, Florence, Rome, and Amalfi, and activities are customized for those who are interested in the past. Indulge in a tasting of local wines, uncover the secrets of the ancient world at the Coliseum, and immerse yourself in the incredible history at Pompeii.
Venice – Immersion into a Floating City
Your connecting flight will arrive at the nearby Marco Polo international airport, where a private car will transfer you the remaining distance to the Old Town. From there, a private driver or water taxi will ensure your comfortable arrival at your elegant and conveniently located hotel. After a long journey, you will have the option to rest and relax in the luxury of your new accommodation. When you are ready, the city awaits. The city center is easy to navigate on foot, and you will be able to see how Venice earned the reputation it now enjoys.
Venice – Tour of the Doge’s Palace
Florence – The History of Tuscan Winemaking
Florence – The Seat of Renaissance Revival
Florence – The Tuscan Countryside
Rome – The Vivid Seat of the Catholic Church
Rome – A Tour of the Ancient World Part I
Rome – A Tour of the Ancient World Part II
Amalfi – The Region’s Volcanic Past
Amalfi – The Walk of the Gods
Amalfi – Departure
- Stretch your legs on an unguided walking tour of the center of Venice, where you will be charmed by the city’s stunning architecture, bustling water traffic, and friendly locals
- Delve into the history of Venice’s wealth and prestige with a visit to the Doge’s Palace and surrounding neighborhood
- Compare the product of Florentine vineyards on a tasting of local wines and an orientation of the history and techniques of this regional treasure
- Uncover the history of rivalry and competition between the city-states of Italy on a day trip to the nearby community of Siena
- Visit the basilica of St. Peter’s, where the vastness of the interior and opulence of the decorations will remind you of the status held by Catholicism for centuries
- Uncover the secrets of the ancient world on a guided tour of the Coliseum and Forum and witness the scene of Caesar’s famous murder
- Step into the compelling and somber history of Pompeii, which saw one of the worst natural disasters of the ancient world in the first century
- Delight in rural charm with a visit to the Amalfi coast, where you will abandon the hustle of busy Italian cities for a quieter encounter with seldom-seen history
Like a great outdoor museum, visiting Italy is similar to stepping back in time. From the Alpine grandeur of the north to the sun-drenched beaches of the Mediterranean to the south, natural beauty is combined with stunning examples of art, history, and culture that spans millennia. This 11-day tour of Italy combines the best examples of Italian history with the creature comforts of the 21st century to ensure your utmost satisfaction.
You will begin this tour in the floating city of Venice. Constructed on top of an archipelago that quickly overgrew the available dry land, the city of Venice presents visitors with an incredible example of the region’s engineering that goes back to Roman times. After immersing yourself in this setting, you will venture for higher ground in the Italian region of Tuscany and its capital of Florence. Here, you will be exposed to the origins and artifacts of the aptly named Renaissance, sample the history of world-famous viticulture, and indulge in a trip to the neighboring town of Siena. Your next destination will be Rome. You can explore the seat of Christian power at the Vatican and uncover the ancient ruins at the Forum. Your final stop will be in the region of Campania in Southern Italy and the famed Amalfi Coast. Here, you can relax on the many pristine beaches that are available and take to the mountains on the Walk of the Gods.
This tour is customized to the tastes of the history fan, but it can be enjoyed by all. Daily activities include, but are hardly limited to, tours, tastings, hikes, and other suggested methods of exploring the country. The early spring remains the best time to follow this itinerary because many of the sites you visit may become busy in the summer months. However you prefer to travel, you can rest assured knowing that this luxurious exploration of the past is just missing you.
$3,933 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Jennifer K.
Reviewed By Scott D.
Reviewed By Karen O.
Reviewed By Gerald N.
Reviewed By mark p.
Reviewed By Amy A.