The Mediterranean world comes alive on this 15-day tour of Greece and Italy. From the landlocked richness of Rome to the coastal brilliance of Sorrento, this tour ensures a unique blend of urban thrills and rural relaxation. In Greece, Santorini, Mykonos, and Athens will each capture your heart as you acquaint yourself with the abundance of food and fun at each destination.
Rome – The Heart of Lazio
There is no better place to launch this 15-day tour of the Mediterranean than the Italian capital of Rome, specifically in the rolling hills and charming villages of the Lazio region. As a lens through which to view Italian history and culture, Rome presents visitors with a head-spinning array of churches, artwork, ruins, and gastronomy that will make every trip around the block an adventure. After a private car transfers you swiftly from Rome's Fiumicino airport to your hotel in the historic city center, you will have the remainder of the day to orient yourself to your new surroundings.
Rome – An Orientation to All Things Ancient
Rome – Visiting a City Within a City
Sorrento – On the Shores of the Tyrrhenian
Sorrento – A Neapolitan Adventure
Sorrento – Nearby Mt. Vesuvius
Sorrento – Bidding Italy Farewell
Santorini – The Greek Archipelago
Santorini – Enjoy on a Catamaran Cruise of Santorini's Coast
Santorini – Charting Your Own Course
Mykonos – The Island of the Winds
Mykonos – Immersing Yourself in the Past
Mykonos – Reclining in Mediterranean Bliss
Athens – Arriving in the Greek Capital
Athens – A Tour of the Ancient World
Athens – Departure
- Wander your way through the Italian capital of Rome, where the past and the present blend together into a vibrant and rustic cityscape
- Discover the unexpected history of Rome's most iconic attraction where armed gladiators once fought for the amusement of the emperor and Roman masses
- Amble over the ancient ruins and collapsed columns of the Roman Forum on a in-depth walking tour of this once thriving city center
- Step into the timeless elegance of Vatican City, where St. Peter's Basilica presents visitors with stunning architecture and the world's largest church
- Ponder your own mortality on a visit to the ruins of Pompeii, where a 79 AD volcanic eruption entombed the residents and town for over 1,000 years
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Southern port city of Naples, home of the world's best pizza
- Take a dip into the beautiful water of the Tyrrhenian sea, which can provide a welcome respite from the summertime heat
- Splash into Greece on a Catamaran Cruise on the Aegean sea, where the staggering beauty will leave you speechless
- Explore the mythical origins of Mykonos on a walking tour of the main town with visits to the Naval museum and famous windmills
- Amble through ancient Greece on a tour of the Acropolis, which offers visitors stunning views of the capital city of Athens
$12,475 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.82 stars based on 393 reviews.
Reviewed By Donald W.
Reviewed By Anna T.
Reviewed By Sandra H.
Reviewed By Jennifer D.
Reviewed By Justin R.
Reviewed By Steve D.