From the capital of Italy to the capital of Greece, this 16-day tour introduces you to what is best in both countries and provides the perfect balance of guided excursions and independent leisure. See the Mediterranean world like no other as you visit the Roman ruins at the Colosseum, bask in the sunshine of the Sorrentine peninsula, and island-hop through the Cyclades archipelago on your way to the Greek mainland.
Rome – Foray into the Italian Capital
Tucked into the rolling hills and sweeping vistas of Lazio, Rome offers visitors a colorful palette of vibrant neighborhoods, impressive architecture, and inspiring artwork. Into this environment you will step on your first day. After arriving at your comfortable hotel, you will have the remainder of the day to compare Rome's stately reputation with the living and breathing city you see around you. Within walking distance of your hotel, you can gaze across the cityscape from atop the Spanish steps or trace the mythical contours of the Trevi fountain.
Rome – A Tour of All Things Ancient
Rome – Exploring a City Within a City
Sorrento – Survey the Campania Countryside
Sorrento – Seaside Extravagance
Sorrento – The Region's Volcanic Past
Sorrento – Enjoy a Day of Leisure
Santorini – An Idyllic Island Retreat
Santorini – Catamaran Cruise
Santorini – Mediterranean Leisure
Mykonos – The Island of the Winds
Mykonos – An Idyllic Greek Getaway
Mykonos – Your Last Day on the Aegean
Athens – The Birthplace of Democracy
Athens – Visit the Acropolis
Athens – A Reluctant Departure
- Romp through a Roman holiday on a visit to the scenic Spanish Steps or cast your coin into the playful water of the Trevi Fountain
- Explore Rome's ancient origins on a walking tour of the Roman Colosseum and nearby Forum, where classical ruins are all that is left of a thriving city center
- Enjoy a memorable visit to Vatican City, where the full weight of the Catholic Church is focused in the artistic majesty of St. Peter's and the Sistine Chapel
- Explore the enchanting alleys and piazzas of Sorrento, where locals sip limoncello and local wine as they bask in the breathtaking views
- Step into the notorious story of Pompeii on a guided tour of this once-thriving Roman city, which was entombed in fire and ash during a sudden volcanic eruption
- Venture through an idyllic island retreat at Santorini, where the allure of sandy beaches and turquoise water is a constant distraction
- Take to the waves on a thrilling Catamaran cruise around Santorini and indulge in refreshing Greek wine and cuisine
- Visit the famous Island of Wind on a trip to Mykonos, which boasts an impressive array of museums, ruins, and panoramic views
- Survey the views of Little Venice, a stretch of historic homes in Mykonos' main town with colorful balconies and waterfront views
- Stroll through the historic capital of Athens, where the origins of Greek culture come alive at the Acropolis
$12,475 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.79 stars based on
Reviewed By Michael C.
Reviewed By Amy A.
Reviewed By Don B.
Reviewed By Doug H.
Reviewed By CHRISTOPHER D.
Reviewed By Jennifer D.