Germany is a reliable destination full of warm hospitality, and this 10-day tour of Frankfurt and Bavaria has been designed to immerse you in the country's many famous Christmas markets and welcoming culture. With the smell of mulled wine and pine shavings being your constant companion, you will experience a holiday like never before as you explore each destination and their distinctive take on the holiday season.
Frankfurt – Make the Most of Your Holiday
Like many European countries, Germany celebrates Christmas with a variety of festivals and markets; however, the distinctive German culture leaves every celebration imbued with a delightful combination of regional customs and excellent food. You will enjoy a front-row seat to this charming take on a global celebration with this unique trip. Upon your arrival, a driver will greet and transfer you from Frankfurt's main airport to your hotel in the city center. A city tour will be an outstanding way to celebrate your arrival, but you can also venture to Romer square and acquaint yourself with the market.
Frankfurt – Day Trip to Heidelberg
Nuremberg – The Jewel of Bavaria
Nuremberg – The Charm of Rothenburg
Nuremberg – Charting Your Own Course
Munich – A Bavarian Road Trip
Munich – Snacking through the Outdoor Market
Munich – A Mad King's Castle
Munich – Exploring the City
Munich – Departure
- Wander the abundance of warmth, coziness, and history at Frankfurt's Christmas market, where the scent of mulled wine mingles with the pine carvings of Christmas toys
- Explore Germany's oldest university town during a day trip to Heidelberg to wander the Baroque old town and castle, which will display the storybook images of the charming community
- Roll through the picturesque countryside of Bavaria, which will include countless villages, with a train journey to Nuremberg
- Marvel at the impressive views from the buttresses and turrets of Nuremberg's main castle, where you can see the fortifications that once protected the Holy Roman Emperor
- Feel the family-friendly atmosphere of Nuremberg's Christmas market, where the city square is illuminated with festive decorations, hearty vendors, and delicious snacks
- Amble along the scenic banks of the Tauber River during a day trip to Rothenberg to explore the fortifications of one of the region's most intact city walls
- Stroll through the tree-lined paths of the Englischer Gardens, which will provide a splash of green in the otherwise sea of red-tiled roofs in Munich
- Discover your favorite beer garden in Munich, where centuries-old breweries use secret recipes to produce some of the finest beers in the country
- Enjoy the unforgettable views of Bavaria during a day trip to the famous Neuschwanstein castle, which was built in the 19th century by a mad king with excellent taste
$4,095 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Deanna V.
Reviewed By Kathryn S.
Reviewed By Janna J.
Reviewed By Linda W.
Reviewed By Dirk S.
Reviewed By Stephen T.