The Oberammergau Passion Play is a once-in-a-decade experience and is yours to enjoy with this 9-day itinerary. From Munich to Heidelberg, Oberammergau to Rothenburg, bask in the natural beauty of the Rhine Valley as your customizable tour will immerse you in fairytale towns, captivating scenery, and stunning castles.
Munich - Arrive in Germany and Discover Munich
Munich combines its rich folkloric traditions with the blessings of a modern and elegant city. You will find men walking around in traditional lederhosen, women wearing customary dirndls, and the sounds of music emanating from the famous Glockenspiel in Marienplatz. Your private transfer will meet you at customs upon your arrival at Munich International Airport and escort you into the heart of the city to reach your luxurious hotel. After settling into the comforts of central Munich, your guide will meet you in the lobby for an exploration of Bavaria’s capital city.
Munich‘s streets pulse with life beneath the towering Baroque churches like the 18th-century Asamkirche. The aromas of cheese and spices will fill Viktualienmarkt, where local merchants showcase delicious fare before reaching the city palace of Bavarian kings. You also have the option of visiting BMW World to take in the fantastic displays or wonder at the building‘s impressive double-cone architecture. You can also choose to have dinner at the famous Hofbräuhaus for the sounds of Bavarian oompah music accompanying traditional German fare.
Munich - Immersive Munich Tour
Oberammergau - The Passion Play
Oberammergau - Fairytale Landscapes and Castle
Rothenburg - Traveling the Romantic Road & Rothenburg
Heidelberg - Exploring Stunning Heidelberg
Rhine Valley - Enjoying the Romantic Rhine Valley
Rhine Valley - Basking in the Rhine & Mosel Valley
Frankfurt - Depart for Home
- Witness the fascinating Oberammergau Passion Play, which occurs once every 10 years and includes nearly all 5,000 citizens of the village
- Experience the fantastical architecture and operatic mosaics of Neuschwanstein Castle during a private guided tour before opening hours
- Sample the delicious flavors of the Rhine Valley wine region with a private tasting hosted by an award-winning winemaker for an unforgettable introduction to local wines
- Bask in the enchanting ambiance and stellar views of Rothenburg, one of Germany’s best-preserved medieval towns with half-timbered houses and shops from the 1600s
- Discover the opulence of King Ludwig’s fairytale design of Linderhof Palace, where Versailles-style gardens and lavish rooms embody king’s exuberance
- Visit the Gutenberg Museum in Mainz to view the Gutenberg Bible, the first book ever printed
- Explore the wonderful scenery of Partnach Gorge on an adventurous walkway carved into the rocks and passing rushing glacial waters
- Visit the 15th-century Andechs Monastery to sample famous beer brewed by the monks for over 600 years
Your 9-day tour of Germany is custom-tailored to your interests by focusing on the wonders of culture and heritage from Bavaria to the Rhineland. Your time in Germany features tours and activities exclusive to Zicasso that will reveal destinations from a new, exciting perspective. You can travel at your own pace along the Romantic Road and between Rothenburg to Heidelberg, discover Rothenburg by lanternlight guided by a medieval knight, and witness the entire village of Oberammergau spring to life during the Passion Play performance.
$5,260 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.97 stars based on
Reviewed By Alok G.
Reviewed By Jennifer B.
Reviewed By peter g.
Reviewed By Daniel H.
Reviewed By Betsy G.
Reviewed By Carrie W.