Immerse yourself in tradition on this beautiful 12-day vacation across Southern Germany, including all the country’s key highlights. From Black Forest allure to the Bavarian Alps and Ludwig’s castle, this is a luxury itinerary that spans an incredible range of landscapes and cities. Step back in time, explore otherworldly destinations, and get to know the real Germany.
Rhine Valley - Laid-Back in Bacharach
After flying into Frankfurt, you will be greeted by a local guide and transferred out of the city. Unless you are in Germany for business, Frankfurt is not the nicest place to linger. Instead, the small town of Bacharach will provide you with a more endearing introduction to local charms. You can settle into your blissful hotel on the River Rhine and spend the evening tasting the local wine and some traditional food from the valley. While Frankfurt is busy, the Rhine Valley will offer an immediately laid-back start to your vacation.
Rhine Valley - Wine Tasting and River Cruise
Baden-Baden - Spa Day in Southern Germany
Freiburg - Highlights in the Black Forest
Fussen - The Spectacular Bavarian Alps
Fussen - Neuschwanstein and Fairytale Castles
Munich - Private Tour of Bavarian Palaces
Munich - Personalized Highlights of the City
Rothenburg - Following the Romantic Road
Rothenburg - Enchanted by a Medieval Town
Day 11 - 12
Nuremberg - Enveloped by 2,000 Years of History
Nuremberg - Departure
- Settle in Germany’s adorable charms with a private wine-tasting cruise down the River Rhine
- Meander through the alps on a mission to Germany’s fairytale castles, including the iconic Neuschwanstein
- Get to know the real Munich with two days of private and customizable tours to the places only locals know about
- Savor your dose of medieval enchantment with two days in Rothenburg, which is a town of cobblestone lanes and old wooden architecture
- Sink into the spas of Baden Baden, which is the most famous of all Germany’s old spa towns
- Embrace the changing landscapes of Southern Germany with a day in the Bavarian Alps and the highlights of the Black Forest
- Uncover Southern Germany as you end your trip in Nurnberg, where 2,000 years of changing history unfolds on charming city streets
$5,065 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Vinod B.
Reviewed By Mary H.
Reviewed By Alok G.
Reviewed By Y. H.
Reviewed By Betsy G.
Reviewed By Kathleen K.