In the Okavango and Namibia, it can feel like you are alone and engulfed by an expressive wilderness as serene as it is surreal. But at a closer look, there is always something around you as lion pride, hippo pods, endangered rhinos and so many other types of wildlife abound. From big game safari on land and water to epic sand dunes and salt pans, this 13-day vacation will reveal the best of the Okavango Delta and Namibia. You will be enveloped by Mother Nature and immersed in her rhythm to experience...
Moremi Game Reserve – Surrounded by Hippos
Gaze out over the Okavango Delta and you will always find the charm. Hippos are grunting as some of them bathe peacefully while others roll comically in the mud. Elephants arrive at the water and the old males squirt water over the backs as the youngsters submerge themselves in displays of playfulness. Refocus and a lilac-breasted roller have a landed on your private verandah to hold your attention briefly. In your periphery, there may be two giraffes, but your eyes are alerted to a crowd of baboons causing a racket in the trees. You could watch for hours, and there would always be something new to see, which makes the wooden verandah an idyllic place to rest up after your flight.
This morning you will land at the Maun International Airport, where a representative will assist in your transfer to a light aircraft. Soar across the Okavango Delta to touch down on Chief's Island in the heart of the Moremi Game Reserve. This large island is completely inaccessible by road and restricts access to those on fly-in safaris or those taking half-day boat journeys across the Delta. There is a sense of silence and exclusivity that is enhanced as you gaze across the flooded plains and see nothing that is man-made or manufactured. Rest, relax, enjoy your first taste of safari, and then watch as the landscape transforms as the moon replaces the sun.
Day 2 - 3
Moremi Game Reserve – Land and Water Big Game Safari
Day 4 - 5
Vumbura Reserve – Exclusive Safari in a Private Concession
Windhoek – Namibia's Leisurely Capital
Windhoek – Aerial Safari to Sossusvlei and the Sand Dunes of the Namib Desert
Day 8 - 10
Etosha National Park – Iconic Desert Safari
Day 11 - 12
Damaraland – Walking and Cycling Across the Great Wilderness
Windhoek – Departure
- Discover the wild beauty of Southern Africa from its lush delta landscapes to the towering sand dunes and resplendent salt pans of Namibia
- Explore the flagship safari destinations of both Botswana and Namibia with days spent in the Okavango Delta and Etosha National Park
- Experience the best of African safari by combining different activities, including game drives, boat safaris, and bush walks
- Encounter the Big Five and much more as your itinerary ensures that you quickly lose count of how many times you spot the largest and most impressive of Africa's mammals
- Enjoy time spent in the Moremi Game Reserve in the heart of Okavango where hippos fill the water and big cats dominate the plains
- Savor the intimacy of the private Vumbura Reserve, where the Okavango Delta safari is exclusive to just a handful of guests
- Take an aerial safari over the Namib Desert, touching down next to the iconic red dunes that surround Deadvlei and Sossusvlei
- Etosha National Park provides a classic desert safari experience as just a visit to the waterholes brings a rich array of wildlife, including stunning numbers of black rhino
- Relax in Damaraland, an empty landscape of rustic rocks and evocative valleys that's bigger than some countries
$12,163 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.98 stars based on
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Lauren M.
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Jim H.
Reviewed By Alan M.
Reviewed By Walter N.