Tanzania's Northern Circuit takes you on an evocative 9-day safari journey with a classic route to blend the landscapes and habitats to reveal an inspiring ode to nature's ancient realm. This luxury itinerary reveals all, with four days in three diverse parks, before four days of thrilling encounters in the Serengeti. On a private safari, follow Tanzania's iconic route and culminate with the vivid drama of the great wildebeest migration.
Karatu – Tranquility After the Flight
Tanzania's safari landscape cascades across the north of the country as the plains extend beneath the volcanic cones of the Kilimanjaro, Meru, and Ngorongoro. Touch down at Kilimanjaro International, and you can immediately sense the extravagance of nature as these towering mountains guide you westward towards the small town of Karatu. It's a three-hour journey as you cross grass plains filled with Maasai herdsmen and the scent of the wild. Your lodge will provide a tranquil complement to the journey as the verandah gazes out on fertile slopes that are sporadically dotted with wildlife. Reedbuck wander past, vervet monkeys impishly approach, and zebra randomly marches across the slopes. While the safari adventure starts tomorrow, you're immediately introduced to just how untouched Tanzania's landscapes can be.
Lake Manyara – Pristine Introductions to the Safari World
Tarangire – Huge Elephant Herds Amongst the Baobabs
Ngorongoro Crater – Exploring Africa's Mammal Utopia
Day 5 - 6
Serengeti – The Endless Plains of the Southern Serengeti
Day 7 - 8
Serengeti – Evocative Predatory Scenes in an Untouched Realm
Kilimanjaro – Departure
- Explore the fabled grass plains of the Serengeti with four days of a safari through the wilderness
- Discover some of the millions of mammals that reside in the Serengeti and surround yourself with astonishing predatory scenes
- Take a walking safari through Tarangire, a national park that's filled with giant elephant herds and a great array of ungulates
- Enter the surreal world of Ngorongoro Crater, a small haven where you can see the Big Five in a single drive
- Celebrate the diversity of the landscape by enjoying a range of accommodation including lodges, permanent camps, and a mobile tented camp
- Start the safari with a day in Lake Manyara, a peaceful utopia of tree-climbing lions, hippos, baboons, and an array of antelopes
$4,972 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on 358 reviews.
Reviewed By Richard S.
Reviewed By Juli D.
Reviewed By marion g.
Reviewed By Joe R.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Jacqueline H.