The Serengeti is alive at every angle. Zoom out for expressive shots of the iconic grass plains, then refocus as lions mate nearby and zebras adoringly cuddle. Stay patient to capture a leopard in the trees then shoot a roll a minute as the great wildebeest migration rumbles past. With an expert wildlife photographer guide, this immersive 10-day safari reveals all the vibrant sides to the Serengeti, including two days in a private concession and two days with the migration.
Ngorongoro Crater – Landscapes in Rural Tanzania
Gaze over Ngorongoro Crater and any photographer quickly finds both opportunity and challenge. This extinct volcano provides the iconic shape, with the odd passing elephant or zebra herd adding a focal point. Mist swirls through the crater and tampers with the light. Wildlife doesn't stand still but constantly moves along the crater rim before disappearing below. You quickly garner an introduction to landscape photography in Tanzania, and that's before your guide provides the trip's first lesson.
You'll land at Kilimanjaro International where you're greeted by a guide and transfer to nearby Arusha for a local flight to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Touch down, and your hotel is perched on the crater rim, offering a landscape photography challenge from your own verandah. A menagerie of wildlife roams this area, and you'll get first shots of a variety of animals, including large elephant bulls, waterbuck, and the ubiquitous zebra. Meet your wildlife photography guide and test out your skills in the lodge's grounds, where landscapes and local mammals providing contrasting focal points. As with all days on this safari, all meals and local drinks are included.
Ngorongoro Crater – Thrilling Big Five Scenes
Ndutu – Capturing the Epic Grass Plains
Day 4 - 5
Central Serengeti – Exploring the Iconic Landscape of the Serengeti
Day 6 - 7
Grumeti Reserve – Getting Even Closer in a Private Concession
Day 8 - 9
Serengeti – Photographing the Great Wildebeest Migration
Serengeti – Departure
- Learn from an expert wildlife photographer who guides your journey and teaches the tips and tricks of documenting such an untouched landscape
- Savor all the angles with eight days of safari across Ngorongoro and the Serengeti
- Capture the epic grass plains that have inspired Disney and test your skills with some of East Africa's most exquisite landscapes
- Keep your finger on the shutter as the perennial battle between predator and prey plays out on the plains beside your safari vehicle
- Spend two days in the private Grumeti Reserve, going off road for indelible close-ups of Africa's most famous mammals
- Lose yourself in the great wildebeest migration and photograph nature's greatest show in full swing
- Spend the first safari day exploring the contrasting ecosystems of Ngorongoro Crater, an excellent place to acquaint yourself with different lighting and conditions
- Always keep your camera to hand as big mammals regularly frequent the camps and the starry skies seem to come straight from a dream
$4,795 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on 339 reviews.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Elise F.
Reviewed By Monique L.
Reviewed By Danielle C.
Reviewed By William M.
Reviewed By Diego A.