This Serengeti itinerary will immerse you in nature's greatest drama. The great migration cycle starts in January to March, and more than a million wildebeest will congregate and calve. The abundance of defenseless young attracts tens of thousands of predators and no other time or place in Africa can reveal as many hunting scenes. This 10-day great migration safari showcases the wild at its most raw and vehement and takes you off road among the thrills and emotion of a complete predatory cycle.
Ngorongoro Crater – Gazing Into A Surreal World
So much of Tanzania doesn't appear real. The country blurs definitions of fiction, its natural spectacles unlike anything seen elsewhere in Africa. Ngorongoro is an exquisite example, a staggering volcanic caldera that's evolved into a haven for a huge diversity of big mammals. After landing at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will transfer onto a light aircraft for a short flight into the Ngorongoro Conversation Area. The caldera spills out beneath the wingtips, and the panoramas can be astonishing as you come into land. Your lodge is one of a small handful that is perched on the crater rim, offering compelling views from your private verandah. In part, it's how you would imagine a volcanic caldera: rugged, dramatic, expansive. But then a massive elephant bull wanders past the lodge, and you realize this is a caldera like no other. So rest and relax, you'll be following the elephants onto the caldera floor tomorrow.
Ngorongoro Crater – Big Five Safari in the Ngorongoro World Heritage Site
Ndutu (Serengeti) – First Impressions of Great Migration Hunting Scenes
Day 4 - 5
Ndutu (Serengeti) – Going Off Trail Amongst the Great Migration Calving Season
Day 6 - 7
Serengeti – Following the Herds North
Karatu – Cradle of Human Civilization and a Maasai Boma
Karatu – Relaxing and Reenergizing After the Adventure
Karatu – Departure
- Immerse yourself in the drama of the Serengeti's calving season as tens of thousands of predators congregate among more than a million wildebeest
- Drive off road and enjoy incredible proximity to raw hunting scenes, an astonishing array of big cats attracted towards the young wildebeest prey
- Follow the trail north and through the Serengeti to marvel at the park's extraordinary scale, along with all the mammals that don't follow the great migration cycle
- Start your safari in the Ngorongoro Crater, a surreal world that quickly introduces you to almost all the great animals of Africa
- Discover the ancient history of the Serengeti and Ngorongoro area with a visit to the Masai boma, plus one of the world's oldest and most significant human evolutionary sites – Olduvai Gorge
- Complete the itinerary with two nights on a fabulous working farm just outside Ngorongoro as wildlife roam and the tranquil atmosphere complements your rugged Serengeti adventure
$5,825 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Ellen M.
Reviewed By Huan W.
Reviewed By Antia B.
Reviewed By Vishala R.
Reviewed By marion g.